View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject: Hot water Reply with quote

I've been looking into the less expensive diesel heaters which I'm considering adding to my boat (although I'll probably put one in my garage first). In the process I've come across some YouTube videos that show how to use excess heat the thing produces.

In one case, the video shows a unit that puts a water jacket around the exhaust. This can be used by a heat exchanger for additional heat (with a tank and pump). While this can be used for the heat, it also could be used simply to heat water for a hot water supply.

In another video, there is a kit you can get that puts a heat exchanger inline with one of the air vents to use the warm air output to heat water.

Just some ideas for those people that have diesel heaters. Might be good on a 22.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: