View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually buy that sort of stuff at West Marine or LFS. I like LFS a bit better here, but that is just one man's opinion.....I suspect both will have it or can get their hands on one. And Seattle does have both of those stores. Soaking was not a terrible idea by the way Smile
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I helped paul pull this out and its in a cup of vinegar in my kitchen. Pulled it out this morning and it works just fine now. I was not aware that there was a one way ball valve in the 90 degree tank pick up. They are not in my tanks but my boat is far older. should work just fine now. I would buy another for a back up. Paul will be putting it back in in the next few days. this boat sat for a long time and the valve most likely went dry and being its aluminum ( brass would be a better choice) it oxidized to its self, the spring and ball in the housing. I know they are not expensive but why throw away something that works??? It fill land fills faster? You should see my garage, in the spring we tossed about half my garage so I guess it went to the land fill anyway. I just hate throwing parts at something unless I know what the problem was. If Paul had took it to a shop it would have been $1000 for shop time and who knows how many of the wrong parts. People need to learn to find the problems them selves, It makes you a better boater, drive, rider flyer,,, pick you poison.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another possibility is a malfunction of the anti siphon valve, which is the hose barb at the top of the fuel pick up tube. I have had those restrict flow, and removed that ASV replaced with just a hose barb fitting.

As Bobs the winner... yes I would replace it with a unit with out the check valve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: