City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:

We are members of Family Motor Coach Association, which includes medivac transport for members.

Rereading through this thread again, I came across Bob's mention of the FMCA and their medical assist coverage. At first, I thought the insurance alone would be well worth the $50 annual membership fee. However reading the information closer, unless I missed something, this is not emergency medical insurance, but rather covers evacuation or transportation along with a small amount of accidental life insurance. There is no coverage for medical costs due to illness or other health condition. It's important to understand any policy one buys, to insure they are getting the coverage they expect. In my case, I'm looking for a health care insurance policy that would cover my medical costs while traveling out of country if I were to suffer a heart attack, stroke, fell and broke my leg, etc. It's also important to then have insurance that covers evacuation or transportation back home or to an emergency provider. The GeoBlue I mentioned appears to have all that. I started out with looking at the program Pat mentioned, but it also doesn't appear to offer medical care insurance, but rather coordination and transportation. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: