The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Classic 2023 Timonier

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Classic 2023 Timonier Reply with quote

https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/rhea-730-timonier-2023-video-review-139744/
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful boat with lots of the features I like. Have you seen them for sale in the USA? The 3m beam requires a permit most areas??

Regards,

Rob

Schuster

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Witch
Photos: Sea Witch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking boat. I tend to like the classic working boat lines. However after having owned a 21 ranger tug with a Yanmar diesel (old school before they got fancy), then a 21 Pompano with a 75 Yanmar made by Atlas Boat Works and then a 25' Acadia with a 170 Yanmar diesel also made by Atlas Boat Works. These were all trailer boats and presented their own special problems. Since they all had a skeg protected keel you had to have a trailer that had fairly high bunks to be able to clear the keel and rudder from hitting the framework of the trailer. Being designed the way they are required getting the trailer deep into the water to be able to float the boat off. Unless you had a very steep ramp it was difficult to launch without getting the truck running gear wet. I made an extension for my trailer hitch to get it the ball another 4' further behind the truck. You could not drive down the road with it so I had to be changed out at the ramp. So one would have to choose his time to launch to not cause a disruption at the ramp.

I'm so much more happy with the C-dory 25 over all. But they each have their high points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: