The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1st use of composting toilet. Not sure I'll keep it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken O

City/Region: West Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ravens' Roost
Photos: Ravens’ Roost
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Thanks for clarifying details that I skipped over. I just included their plans mostly for the dimensions and the general layout (the struts are a good idea also).

For our unit, I used C-Head guts with agitator (unfortunately no longer available). My construction used marine plywood with 2 layers of fiberglass cloth and lots of epoxy, painted with 2 coats of Petit EZPoxy paint (Hatteras off-white color for a close match to the C-Dory off-white) and primer. The "results" from the toilet are not completely compost-ready, but rather odor-free and easy to dispose of.

pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a new product so no history yet, but small size and not so spendy as some of the others. https://compocloset.com
kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. This looks like a good solution for the CD 22. It checks the boxes for having a liquids tank separate from the compost tank. The height is a bit too high to fit under the bed in the Vberth however. That would not be a problem for us as we typically use and carry it in the cockpit anyway. I do wonder about the effectiveness of the carbon filter to keep the odor down. It appears to be well engineered and supported in the US, (shipped from CA).

Seeing this advertisement coincides with our plans to replace the chemical toilet we have. Curious of others thoughts on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: