The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Prince Rupert launching/parking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandion

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewMoon wrote:
You might try Bridgeview Marine in Prince Rupert. Their website mentions boat storage.

https://bridgeviewmarine.com/boat-storage/

Bingo! Thanks for the suggestion, Richard!

I just got off the phone with Miranda, office manager at Bridgeview Marine, who took my reservation for long-term parking this summer. Miranda sounded very reliable and assured me that they will be able to honor the reservation when I show up in PR, in late June or early July. I offered to put down a deposit; she said it wasn't necessary.

They will charge me $175 CAN a month ($131.59 USD as of this writing) to park my Ford Explorer and the trailer for my 22-foot C-Dory.

Miranda did say Bridgeview Marine has limited storage space, so if anyone wants to get on their reservation list for the coming summer, I would suggest getting in touch with her asap:

Bridgeview Marine
rupertsales@bridgeviewmarine.com
Office Manager Miranda
Prince Rupert: 250-624-5809

Just to be on the safe side, I intend to check in with her at least once a month, to be sure nothing has changed, and that my reservation is still in force.

Miranda also told me I'll be able to wash down my trailer at the facility after launching. Incidentally, Bridgeview Marine is a seven-minute drive from the Rushbrook Harbour boat ramp.

Thanks very much to everyone who has offered advice on this thread. Once again, C-Brats has come through for me. You guys are great.

Andy Ryan

Pandion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on summer truck and trailer parking in the Prince Rupert area:

After rethinking the logistics of launching my boat in the Prince Rupert area this summer, and getting truck and trailer back to a storage area, I contacted Justine at the Cassiar Cannery, at Port Edward, B.C. (Thanks Colby for the earlier research you did on Cassiar Cannery and Ocean Trailer as possible storage sites.)

As Colby noted, Cassiar Cannery is offering storage for truck and trailer at $200 CAN a month; and Justine has kindly offered shuttle service to and from her location to the nearest boat launch, at the Port Edward Marina.

The biggest factors in my decision to launch at Port Edward are (1) Justine's enthusiasm for the project, and (2) the likelihood that the alternative—the Rushmore boat ramp in Prince Rupert—is likely to be a zoo at that time of year (just before Canada Day).

I'll keep you all posted on the wisdom of this choice.
KevinDU

City/Region: Terrace
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Sea Otter
Photos: Sea Otter
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat ramp in Port Edward is very steep and narrow. Definitely do not launch there at low tide as you can get your trailer stuck in a hole at the bottom of the ramp and then you won't get your trailer out. People have had their vehicles submerged at this ramp when they got stuck and the tide came in!
Pandion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinDU wrote:
The boat ramp in Port Edward is very steep and narrow. Definitely do not launch there at low tide as you can get your trailer stuck in a hole at the bottom of the ramp and then you won't get your trailer out. People have had their vehicles submerged at this ramp when they got stuck and the tide came in!

Invaluable information. Thanks Kevin, I’ll be sure to launch on a high tide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: