The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SeaSport Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbob

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject: SeaSport Website Reply with quote

Hello all,

My father-in-law owned a Cruiser 25 for a long time. Spent many great days on it fishing. I've been a lurker here for more than decade.

I ended up with a C-Dory cousin, a SeaSport 24. SeaSports do not have a forum like the Brats do, only a Facebook group.

I'd like to put together a site similar to this one. Who should I try and contact?

Thanks!
Kevin
Schuster

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Witch
Photos: Sea Witch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all good luck, you've got your hands full. The first place I would look is in the members list. Drop a note to any of the top 3 choices and go from there. PS I've always liked the sea sport.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand DaNag is in the process of working/charging a lot of things about this website to make it more user friendly.

You need someone to be the webmaster, and then need to convince the owners that you have a better answer than the FaceBook folks do. It takes a lot of people with a lot of knowledge to make any boating web site a success. There are thousands of C Dorys and far less Sea Sports.

I would also approach the Northwest Marine Industries and see if they are interested in being involved with a forum for Sea Sport boats.

I agree that Sea Sport designs and makes a very good boat! As for websites: well the 2022 Seattle and Portland boat shows are listed under "Events".....on the NMI site!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, love the Sea Sport boats but no dealers around here. After spending 20+ years on Lake Erie I would welcome the 22 degree deadrise to calm the pounding. Sunset/night cruises are the only calm waters we get most days. Thats where the forward raked windshield would also help.

As for your question I'm not sure how many boat companies would want to commit the man hours to manage a website like this. I bought a new boat(Stingray) in 2011 and the hull # allowed me membership in a factory site similar to this. It was a great resource for owners but it is no longer supported by the factory.

Enjoy the new boat and good luck with the web site.

Rob

chipwagon

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sam 'n Leo
Photos: Sam 'n Leo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of SeaSport and Skagit Orcas. If I were to change from C-Dory it would be one of those 2 models. Other than the obvious differences in the hull shape and required power, these are very similar boats. Look at the cabin interiors and you can tell they are made at the same factory. Sometimes on the water I spot a pilothouse boat in the distance and it takes a while to determine if it is a SeaSport, Skagit or C-Dory or even an Osprey.

I think a lot of the content on C-Brats would be pretty common among these boats. Electronics, fuel systems, accessories, trips, fibreglass maintenance, etc etc. Would there be room for all these boats in one site? I think there would be a lot of pros and few cons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Site Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: