View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject: 2023 Delta and Bay Extravaganza Reply with quote

19th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza
Wednesday, May 3, 2023 to Sunday, May 7, 2023.

Yes, it is time for the 19th year for this event! I am going to try to make it to 20 years, and then turn the event over to someone younger, if they want it.

We have held this event for every year straight, since 2003, except for years 2020 and 2021, which were cancelled due to Covid. I would guess that this is the longest continuous event ever posted on this site, or its predecessor, C-Dog site.

A big part of this event is the hosting of it on Wednesday and Thursday, by John and Robin Eudy at their Wheeler Island Duck Club. I doubt that I would have kept this event going for so long, if it were not due to all the enthusiasm that John and Robin bring to the event.

This 2023 event is now scheduled at about the same time it was last year. Hopefully we will enjoy the nice weather we had in 2022.

If you are interested in being part of the 2023 Extravaganza, please reserve your place now by indicating on this thread that you will be going, and that you are signing up for the full five-day journey. Please do not sign up unless you can commit to showing up to this Extravaganza, and you can attend the entire event.

You might look at the last 18 years of threads if you want some idea of what this gathering is like. There is also extensive video documentation of this event from Floyd Stewart on the site to help you visualize this journey.

This year our venues will be the same as last year. We will start off at Rio Vista and go to the Honker Bay Duck Club on Wednesday as usual. We will stay another night (Thursday) at the Duck Club. Last year we had some of the best Stripped Bass fishing at the Duck Club that we have ever had. After the Duck Club, we will be spending two nights in San Francisco (Friday and Saturday nights). We have the S.F. reservations now. The two nights in S.F. is the same as last year, as we will have more time to look around the Bay and visit in The City.

There is a strict ten (10) boat maximum for the Extravaganza. This maximum is because of the Duck Club and San Francisco marina space limitations.

Six (6) vessels are already signed up, namely:

1. Pounder – Jim & Kath
2. Dinner Belle II – John & Robin
3. Dora Jean – Steve, et. all
4. Sea Spray – Steve & Karen
5. Far C’R – Floyd & Eiko
6. Slack Time – John & Laurie.

Right now, there are four spaces left. The next four boats signed up on this thread will be able to go. Pease be aware that this event fills up quickly with the maximum 10 boats. Those indicating that they want to attend after the ten-boat limit is reached will be put on a waiting list, and they will be added to the event if someone else drops out before the event takes place.

If you make the commitment to go on this trip you will likely enjoy the journey. There are many repeat folks at this event year-after-year. All C-Brats are welcome, both new timers and old timers.

Some old timers to this event have aged out and sold their boats. They will certainly be missed, especially Joel & Susan on SEA3PO.

This Extravaganza is less than three months away! More will be posted later, but please reserve your place NOW if you intend to go.

Sincerely,
Jim & Kath

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be so tempting to try and make the Delta cruise before the Friday Harbor gathering, but think that might be cramming too much in coming from this distance. I am still planning to make the Catalina Cruise in August however. Colby
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone twice, and it is one of the "Highlight" of C Dory cruises--thanks to Jim and Kath/John and Robin. Must do in the "lifetime" of any C Dory owner.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim and Kath,
I grew up in the South Bay and would love to do this trip but timing is too close to the annual Friday Harbor C-Brats annual gathering. Have a great time!

colbysmith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy Jim, but sign C-Traveler up. I’ll be at Rio Vista sometime on the 2nd. Gary, I’ll be at Friday Harbor the first day of that event. I may still try launching at Harvey’s if it looks doable, otherwise Cap Sante works for me. I just might make all the gatherings this year! Colby
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Colby! Welcome aboard. A smart move to take advantage of this event while it still exists. Wow, two California events in one year. We like your enthusiasm.

OK, Folks, only three (3) more spaces left for this year. If you want to go, sign up now.
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to bring this to the top so others would get a chance to see it and hopefully sign up. There are three more spaces available and we would welcome any newcomers to this event. Very seldom do we depart without the ten boat maximum.

Jim & Kath
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Colby, just read you're going try to make the Delta trip. Wonderful. We will be there on Tuesday, the 2nd, also. After launching late afternoon and settling in, we always walk to the Pizza Factory in town, great pizza and salad. Will the Mrs. be going as well?
Corsair F-31 Trimaran 1996-2002
MacGregor 26X 1988-1996
Glaspar Seafair Sedan 18 (2)
StarCraft 19 & 22
Catalina 17 & 22
Crestliner 19
+4 Previous, 1/2 sail, 1/2 power
colbysmith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dora~Jean wrote:
Hey Colby, just read you're going try to make the Delta trip. Wonderful. We will be there on Tuesday, the 2nd, also. After launching late afternoon and settling in, we always walk to the Pizza Factory in town, great pizza and salad. Will the Mrs. be going as well?

Yes sir. She was able to get vacation and will drive out with me but then fly back home likely from Sacramento first thing Monday morning while I drive north for Friday Harbor and more cruising. We should be in the area late on the 1st or mid day on the 2nd. We may be able to join you on that walk for pizza. Colby
colbysmith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep this on top, I noticed this is in the electronics forum. Shouldn't it be in the Cruise and Gaterings, or in the Grand Adventures forum? Shocked Mr. Green Hope some more folks sign up. Colby
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are sorry to miss the Cruise this year, but we will be traveling in the 5th wheel April - June and will be at the Balloon Festival in Joley, Alabama at the time of the Cruise.
Ya'll have fun---- if you haven't attended this event, you are missing out!

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, are Balloon Festivals safe this year? I hear there is a problem with f16/f22's and sidewinder missiles--especially near NAS Pensacola? (Seriously have fun and enjoy our area near Foley, AL.

I wish I was going in the Delta Cruise this year also!
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Roger, are Balloon Festivals safe this year? I hear there is a problem with f16/f22's and sidewinder missiles--especially near NAS Pensacola? (Seriously have fun and enjoy our area near Foley, AL.

I wish I was going in the Delta Cruise this year also!

Oops - Yes, Foley 🤣
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All.

Right now, we have seven (7) vessels signed up for this trip. We can take a maximum of 10. Therefore, there is still space for 3 more boats.

You have until March 31st to sign up if you want to go. We have to cut it off at the end of March 2023, because we need to firm up marina reservations in San Francisco.

Newcomers are welcome to go. We have lost a lot of old-timers over the 19 years of this event due to aging out. You still have over a month left to make your reservation here for this event.

Soon I will be proving information on sending in San Francisco marina fees and food assignments for the Duck Club. If no one else signs up, we will be fine with the seven boats in attendance.

Kath and I are looking forward to another fun Extravaganza event.

Jim on M/V Pounder
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All.

This is one more attempt to recruit three more C-Dory’s to the Extravaganza.

On the exact same weekend, we will be in San Francisco will take place the Sail Grand Prix Final. This is a two-day exhilarating race that we can watch from our C-Dory’s on the Bay. The race course is set between Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Eight international racing teams will determine the overall season champion during these two days. The teams represent Australia, GBR, Japan, Denmark, New Zealand, U.S., France, and Spain.

Each team is racing identical, hydro foiling, F50 Catamarans. These boats literally fly at impressive speeds in excess of 60 mph!

Now who would want to miss this? A lot of C-Dory owners are old time sailors.

More information on the Extravaganza will come out shortly, including information on marina fees and voluntary food assignments.

Jim & Kath
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: