C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serpa4 wrote:
R-Matey wrote:
To our fellow C-Brats:

We would like to remind our CDory-CBrat friends that it is quite unlikely that you will ever find a C-Dory sitting out in a back yard with grass growing through it as you often see with other makes and models.

(C-Brat #21)

There is an older 16 sitting on a storage lot with 10" mossy water sitting in. Sad.

A few years back when the Factory sold the last 16 through the line and ended that production line, I predicted that their value would go up. like a collector item. Well so did all the other CD values, but that 16 is still worth something and if I was in the neighborhood and had the skill, I would buy that in a heartbeat, drain and fix it and there would be a buyer waiting in line.

My boat is not for sale, but it is in prime condition, with new electronics and recently upgraded tandem trailer, and yes I have been asked how much I want for it. At 250K they quit bugging me. Maybe I'll wait.

Harvey
SleepyC

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread. Yeah, over the years I've always been intrigued by the C Dory prices.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought my C-Dory, sold her 7 years later for 5k more than I paid for her. New owner had her for a few years and I believe sold her on for a handsome profit.
If you are thinking about buying a C-Dory, buy it now. If you want to play a waiting game for prices to drop, you may be waiting a long time.
You only get one turn living on this planet with an unknown expiry date, buy it now.

Martin.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I don't remember now whether I paid $11K or $13K. It was over $10K because I didn't take cash into Canada in order to make my border crossing simple. I do remember that it is a 2004 CD 16 with a 2005 Yamaha 50hp. Thanks to the fog of time, I remember the various projects (including rot repair), creature comforts, and towing improvements, but not so much the time and expense. What I really remember is cruising Nootka Sound, Columbia River, Lake Yellowstone, etc. Money well spent, whatever it adds up to.

I just spent the last week in the Carolinas looking at the ICW. I just can't get excited enough to pull my CD across the continent to do the "loop." Seems that the grass isn't green enough on the other side.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Marco Flamingo wrote:
... I just spent the last week in the Carolinas looking at the ICW. I just can't get excited enough to pull my CD across the continent to do the "loop." Seems that the grass isn't green enough on the other side.

Mark

I you start somewhere on the navigable part of the Missouri you don't have to drag it that far.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just C-Dory's....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boat-profits-underway-as-builders-say-pandemic-era-demand-is-here-to-stay-223734644.html
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a picture of a TC255 at the Seattle Boat Show on the Facebook site with an invoice price of $289,783. And a SOLD sign on it. No $15,000 trailer. And no $80,000 truck. Granted, it had the joystick controls for docking that can cost up to $30,000 installed. IMHO that’s not needed…if I can dock widely spaced outboards with throttle-only steering then any other idiot can also do it with a bit of practice.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10162707026253066&set=p.10162707026253066&type=3

Since Bob was happy to pay $120,000 for a naked TC255 in 2007, and 15 years later someone paid over $289,000 for one, I suppose in another 15 more years someone will be happy to pay $695,280 for one (check my math).

We happily paid $105,000 in 2013 for our 2010 model and consider the prorated cost of $10,500 per year to date over ten years of ownership to be a bargain (half that if we get another 10 years out of it, and even then it won’t have a value of zero on the market).

Our grand adventures exploring US and Canada waterways have been awesome. Wintering at a South Florida 5 star resort marina with three heated pools, free gym, sauna, 10 miles of walking beach and free margaritas on Tuesdays and Thursdays for $31/night is downright frugal compared to staying at home.

But 40 years ago, we also had a blast with trailer boat #1, a 15 foot Cobia. With three in the boat we could pop up a slalom skier in about 15-20 minutes or so. It was more fun than watching a waterboarding, but we were young and having fun. You should too!

John

Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. I wished I would have read your post sooner. Just raised my hull coverage on the C-Otter yesterday by $10,000 …….should have DOUBLED the value! Progressive had no problem raising the agreed value. 😊 Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
serpa4

City/Region: Melbourne
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: DayLo
Photos: DayLo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought my 2018 cd venture 26. I was very excited to find one that was only a few hours from my house and decently priced, and almost perfectly optioned. I was amazed at how hard it was to find a cDory in Florida.

My job has me in California for 2 months right now. I went through the local boat storage lot and was surprised to see 4 of them on a small lot. I just assume since they're made up in Washington they must be really popular on the West Coast as opposed to the East Coast. In Florida I've probably been through 20 storage lots and 15 marinas and have never seen one. They seemed to be a dime a dozen out here in California.

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C Dory is not as rare in Florida as one might expect--but nothing like the number in Washington State. California has a fair number--you can check the "our C Dory" section and count the actual number per state. It is all there.

One caution about storing your C Dory on a storage lot in Calif. It is possible that you may get hit up for "personal Property Tax", which I believe is 3% of the local county assessor's perceived value of your vessel. This type of repressive taxing is only one of the reasons I left Calif. 30 years ago. But I have even had documented C Dory's taxed by local (Orange County) when at a storage lot. The hailing port was Pensacola, My address was in Pensacola, but the boat was indeed in Calif. Calif also charged me local/Calif. sales tax. They did accept my bill of sale for sales tax.. The county valued it at twice what I had paid for the boat. No give even when I presented the original bill of sale, which had been accepted by Calif. Franchise Tax Board.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
serpa4

City/Region: Melbourne
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: DayLo
Photos: DayLo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left Ca decades ago. Florida rocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: