The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

WTB Angler Cruiser or Venture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LCCRUISER

State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject: WTB Angler Cruiser or Venture Reply with quote

Wanted to Buy C-Dory 25, 23, 22 or 19 in any state east of the Mississippi. Please contact me if you have one available or are seriously considering selling soon. Thanks! LC
LCCRUISER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB Angler Cruiser or Venture Reply with quote

LCCRUISER wrote:
Wanted to Buy C-Dory 25, 23, 22 or 19 in any state east of the Mississippi. Please contact me if you have one available or are seriously considering selling soon. Thanks! LC

Still looking! I'm leaving the Great Cold North for the the currently cool East Coast of FLA tomorrow AM.

Not looking to trade. I have funds available to buy and would prefer a grab and go rather than backtracking from my destination.

I'd like to set up some appointments along the way so please PM me.

Thanks! LC
LCCRUISER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject: WE FOUND ONE! Reply with quote

We looked at C-Dorys in Georgia, the Florida Panhandle and St Petersburg, FL on the way from NH to our new winter home on the East Coast of Florida. The only one that the owner would let us sea trial was the last one in St Pete. The other two sellers wouldn't even start the engines and they were both asking in the $30K plus range. The one in the Panhandle had a trailer that no one would want to take over the road and after nearly a week that owner hasn't contacted me with info on the availability of a suitable trailer in his area. The one in St Pete ran so badly it wouldn't rev up enough to get on plane. It is disappointing after driving nearly 1500 miles and making detours and spending extra time and nights on the road to see these boats.
We would have bought the 22 Angler in GA if we had been able to see trial it and were in the process of of scheduling a trial this weekend even though it was another 2 days round trip with an overnight. Then the unbelievable happened.
We found a C-Dory 22 Classic (similar to the 22 Angler in cockpit and cabin size) only 2 hours away from our winter home. We popped over there yesterday and had a sea trial. My wife even got her first experience going through a lock on the Caloosahatchee River while I shuffled the towing vehicle down river to the boat launch for pickup.
We struck a deal and we are now official members of the C-Dory community at an investment level that will allow us to enjoy the boat without worrying about unexpected costs or a resale if we find that this isn't the boat for us. Plus more money for upgrades Smile
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Larry. Glad you were able to find one that works out for you. Best of luck with it. Colby
cdory25

City/Region: Flagler Beach
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Shoal Mates
Photos: Blues Cruiser
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject: Venture 23 Reply with quote

PM sent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: