View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Water Lines in CD25 - Anyone Replaced? Reply with quote

i would like to replace the two water lines that used to be hot and cold leaving the water heater all the way around to the faucets on the sink with a single new water line, cold only of course, that would then tee to each side of the faucet. Actually, I removed the water heater and ran the hose from the water pump to a tee that has both the former hot and cold lines attached. The last place where these hoses are visible is under the inside step down from the door. They don't reappear until they emerge from behind the head. My reason for wanting to do this is because there is a leak or leaks somewhere such that if the water pump is left on for any length of time, the cabin floor fills up with water - NOT good!

Anybody have any idea how to do this?

Thanks!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, when I removed the water heater, and put in the on demand heater under the sink, I replaced the cold water line, it runs under the head floor, in my 25 it was forward of the shower drain (which goes to the sump box under the port side having locker.

I just attached the new hose to the old hose, under the step, and then pulled the old house out--no connections under the head--the only connection was under the step, and then near the sink. I would put your T near the sink, where you can get to it easily.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Pat, when I removed the water heater, and put in the on demand heater under the sink, I replaced the cold water line, it runs under the head floor, in my 25 it was forward of the shower drain (which goes to the sump box under the port side having locker.

I just attached the new hose to the old hose, under the step, and then pulled the old house out--no connections under the head--the only connection was under the step, and then near the sink. I would put your T near the sink, where you can get to it easily.

OK, you attached the new host to the old one under the step, and pulled it out. How did you attach the two hoses so they would not come apart while you were pulling? Was there any potential for the hoses to get get snagged or stuck as you were pulling them? Thanks!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did you attach the two hoses

I used a simple straight barbed connector, and put electrical tie instead of a hose clamp (cut off the tail, and duct taped over the "splice"--this is just to pull the hose.

My 2007 had the water tank aft--I am not sure if your 2005 has the water tank forward or aft? Does not make a lot of difference, but I would still only run one water line to the galley and head. (We did use our shower, and had a mixing valve for that)

Made the new hose from where it split off from the hot water heater hose going to the water heater. (under hanging locker). My recollection is that there were two hoses from the pump I blocked off the one hose at the water pump.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much did the same as Bob did, when I pulled out my old 6 gal RV water tank, and replaced it with a 2 gal under the sink. My water tank is in the cockpit bilge, and the lines run along the port side of the bilge, then come in thru the "closet" floor on that port aft side of the cabin. Then they run under the door step, under the head, and through the bulkhead to under the sink. I only replaced part of the hoses, and maintained hot and cold lines under the sink. Most the hose I removed was the hot water hose at the old 6 gal tank. If you are removing all hot water, I would think you could just pull the old hot water hose after it's disconnected from the heater tank. Finally, are you sure the water is coming from a hose leak, and not from under the bulkhead between the cabin and bilge? I was getting water from the bilge leaking into the cabin, and at first concerned it was a hose leak. Also, if it was a leak from your water hose, you would hear the pump kick on and off? Colby
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I can tell you one thing.....but then it's pretty obvious, I guess.

When I did all the work on my water system in the galley a couple of years ago (installing homegrown recirculating hot water), I confirmed that all the hot and cold water used at the sink and in the shower come from just one 1/2" hose for each that leads into the under-sink area of the gallery. All tees etc were after that, and easily accessible under the sink.

I suspect that the only tees before the under-sink area are easily accessed in the area where the hot water heater normally is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: