The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Webasto AirTop 2000 STC Heater Smartemp 3.0 Controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject: Webasto AirTop 2000 STC Heater Smartemp 3.0 Controller Reply with quote

My Webasto AirTop 2000 STC diesel heater came with a rheostat controller. I recently decided to upgrade it to the newest Smartemp 3.0 Blue Tooth controller. The process required not only the controller, but an adapter harness to adapt from the original rheostat. Anyone else looking to do the same upgrade, the two parts you need are the Smartemp 3.0 Controller: 5013874A - SMARTEMP CONTROL 3.0 BLUETOOTH KIT (With BlueTooth)
and adapter harness:
5013929A - ADAPTOR RHEOSTAT SMARTEMP 3.0 AT2000STC

The issue I ran into was incorrect sizing on the harness data connector plug. In speaking with a Webasto tech, I learned that not all units had the original plug. In my case, the plug on the adapter harness was much larger, than the one on the wiring harness coming out of the heater. After discussing this issue with Webasto, and learning which wires attached to which wires, Red to Red, Brown to Brown, and Green to Purple, I simply cut the connector plugs off, and using some small telephone wire button splicers, working in a very small space, spliced the appropriate wires together. There are actually two plugs on the adapter harness, and three plugs on the heater harness. The data plug has three wires going into it, that match up with three wires in the adapter harness. (Voltage supply, ground and data). The other wire coming out of the heater harness, has a terminating resistor plug in it, and is for the temperature probe. It connects with the other plug in the adapter harness. The other plug on the heater harness is not used. Below is a photo of the heater wiring harness as seen through a receptacle outlet that I was having to work through.

I just share this information for anybody else with a Webasto AT2000STC and rheostat controller that decides to upgrade controllers to the Smartemp 3.0.

This is what the controller looks like. (Haven't gotten a photo of the one installed in my boat yet.) Colby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: