View previous topic :: View next topic  
TmBates

City/Region: McCall
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Serenity Now
Photos: Serenity Now
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: Bears and boats Reply with quote

Well we put Serenity Now in the lake and spent the night on it last week, last outing before prepping for winter storage. It's on the trailer in the yard currently as we work on winterizing. After pulling some stuff out of the cabin the other evening I failed to close the back door, as well as, pull the garbage can from the cockpit. Looking out in the yard a couple mornings later I saw trash strewn about and smugly thought the bears must have hit the neighbor's trash. Couldn't be mine, I've got a bear proof can. When I went to pick up the trash I saw the waste basket which look awfully familiar and the smugness disappeared. Muddy paw prints on the side of the boat and all over the cockpit told the tale. I nervously looked in the cabin but it didn't appear that they even went in there. The impact to the boat could have been fairly significant if the bear/s had decided to have a party in the cabin but we have just a few small scratches in the gelcoat. All of it was avoidable, lesson learned. Just remember to finish your chores and close the doors.
kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It you keep spending large sums of money on the boat Tom, you may be sleeping on it which would deter bear vandalism. However, my guess is that Marina is hooked and supports the boat improvements like Harriet. Not a bad problem to have. 🙂 Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: