The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

YouTuber with Bolsa Core issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socal_2376

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: YouTuber with Bolsa Core issues. Reply with quote

I saw this video recently and while I feel bad he had issues I think he should have elaborated on how this happened. He seemed to leave that part out. Also, did he contact C-Dory and give them a chance to assist him? I am not a big poster on this site but I have been around boats most of my life and owned 2 C-Dory's, (with Zero construction related issues on either of my 22Ft Anglers!), and can not speak better of them and all the well educated owners! On once occasion I had some technical questions and called C-Dory and they promptly put me in touch with a technical resource who spent at least 15 minutes answering all my questions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxuIwrJ-NQo&t=436s
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTuber with Bolsa Core issues. Reply with quote

socal_2376 wrote:
I saw this video recently and while I feel bad he had issues I think he should have elaborated on how this happened. He seemed to leave that part out. Also, did he contact C-Dory and give them a chance to assist him? I am not a big poster on this site but I have been around boats most of my life and owned 2 C-Dory's, (with Zero construction related issues on either of my 22Ft Anglers!), and can not speak better of them and all the well educated owners! On once occasion I had some technical questions and called C-Dory and they promptly put me in touch with a technical resource who spent at least 15 minutes answering all my questions!

I believe he bought the boat second hand and found issues with the core after he bought it. He may have suspected that there was some issue with the core, but I think the extent of it surprised him. JMO.

There can be issues with water intrusion into the core because screws and other penetrations are not sealed adequately, even by the factory.
clayhubler

City/Region: La Center
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hammerhead
Photos: Hammerhead
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working on my boat at the same time as John (c-brats name brewkid). He did buy the boat used but had a full marine survey done at the time. The problems with his boat didn't become apparent until several years had passed. I don't believe he ever found out for certain exactly where the water intrusion started. Unfortunately he stopped posting his videos and I don't know if he ever got the boat back together. He deleted all the photos in his photo album and stopped responding to PMs.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you got to his you tube page and look at all videos it looks like he got it back on the water and posted a few video's of a trip to Nootka sound. ( on edit that trip looks like 2019)
socal_2376

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTuber with Bolsa Core issues. Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
socal_2376 wrote:

I believe he bought the boat second hand and found issues with the core after he bought it. He may have suspected that there was some issue with the core, but I think the extent of it surprised him. JMO.

There can be issues with water intrusion into the core because screws and other penetrations are not sealed adequately, even by the factory.

Exactly! Its so frustrating to see how some are so fast to start installing screws everywhere when often you can use al alternative via epoxy/3M 4200....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: