The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/12 - 05/14 - Friday Harbor C-Brats Get-Together
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradmond

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya and I also want to thank Gary and Coleen for everything they did to get this put together. We definitely went from C-Curious to C-erious about becoming real C-Brats. We really had the best time there and so fun meeting everyone. Hope we will have a C-Dory at the next gathering. I need to get busy preparing our current boat and find it a new owner.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our gathering is now more than a week past, and I'll long remember the events and conversations we shared.

We began these group cruises in 2001, and without exception they've all been fun. Even the pre-GPS time I got lost in the fog in 2003. The weather hasn't always cooperated--witness May 12th--but like this year warm sunshine and minimal wind reliably join us. Such was the case on sunny Friday when most boats arrived, and again for Saturday's windless potluck.

Speaking of which, a big thanks to all for contributing dinner and dessert, to freelance emcee Steve P., to Harvey for recounting his heroic rescue of two men clinging to their overturned sailboat, and of course to maven quizcaster Patti, whose gentle, 34 question challenge kept her class (mostly) focused and contending for C-Dory swag. (Note to self: next year sit up straight and pay attention. That goes for retired teachers as well).

And a salty high-five to Gary and Colleen, who orchestrated our successful event. You two made our arrival and visit seamless because of your prior planning and contacts. Thank you very much. Should you host another event, know that you can delegate to tasks to others, like professional-grade emcee Steve P., or me, if you dare, for whatever you'd prefer to outsource.

Finally, I was delighted to see a number of new people join us this year. I imagine it was quickly evident we're a friendly, unpretentious bunch, who welcome your energy and experience. In 21 years I've seen, I don't know, maybe 200 C-Dory owners and individuals come and go, so you newbies are vital to successful future events.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been off the site for a while. I think this was the longest ever with over 240 replies to ponder. Did miss it, just had other issues.

First off, Thanks to Gary and Colleen for hitting it out of the park with their organizing, delegating and weather control. You two are great, and Thank you again for making it a huge success.

Thanks to Michael and Alana(sp) from NMI for spending real time with us this year. (Yup, I know I ribbed you about showing up to a C-Dory event in a SeaSport, but that is one beautiful boat and you have a right to be proud of it anywhere.

It was great to see so many new faces, some with boats and others with expectations. I hope to see you back again and again. Come, and bring friends, and pretty soon they will do the same.

I spent a couple of extra days at FH, thanks to wind on the strait, but did make it home Tues, and yes Tom, it was a very early morning with 5k or less most of the way.

Also, I wanted to put a nice ending on my Sat evening story and cap it off for you all. Last Wed I had lunch with Tom and Soren and we had a very nice, warm and quiet visit. They are both nice guys with considerable boating, both power and sail, experience. When I had talked to them prior to the incident, they had said that when they were ready, they would call on 68 and request hot coffee and brownies. Well, I didn't have them that day, but I managed to find some really good (I checked) chocolate brownies to send home with them. And, to cap off the visit, they each got a brand new, special C-Dory cap.

The 2022 FH-CBGT was awesome. The time with friends there was great, and everyone there is invited back for next time, I'm sure.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colleen and I are at Friday Harbor currently. So quiet here. Only a total of three boats on the inside of H-Dock and with no C- Dory boats in sight. Weather is good. Much different than when we were all together. Looking forward to the annual gathering next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: