The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

navigation system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrymac62

City/Region: Monmouth
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: navigation system Reply with quote

I have a Raymarine c-80 series from 2006, I think. I am having it uninstalled and getting a newer system. This system includes: fish finder, charts, auto pilot, gps, and radar. The system may include more but I do not know.

Does anyone have ideas of the value of this equiptment. I would be willing to make a smoking deal to someone who would like the system.

I am in Oregon.

Feel free to contact me. harrymac62@gmail.com
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everything works perfectly, then probably $500. However this is several generations back technology, and few will want to go backward, and also have a product which is no longer supported by RayMarine.

You might keep the MFD as a dedicated AIS receiver/ chart plotter and not clutter up the new MFD.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrymac62,
I have a new Garmin screen on the dash, but also have the Raymarine C80, with all of the fix'ens... My Raymarine is to starboard and forward of my shifter and I use it primarily for the radar. A month ago, the screen went gray and I didn't want to put in a new system, so I purchased a used screen on eBay.
My suggestion it to advertise the system on eBay, or Facebook Market Place. There are lots of folks that still need the parts for this older system. Also, by looking on eBay, you will get a better feel, for what people are asking for the individual parts and also, entire systems.

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it can be removed without cutting the radar wire I would try to sell it for at least $1500 but $1900 might be reasonable complete with everything and autopilot. I looked for a ray marine radar package and couldn’t see any working packages that were cheap last week. Considering a new package like that will be 10k and up? Lots of people trying to outfit new or old boats 1980’s and if they could buy yours for 2k they are laughing. Do a video of it all working before removing and hopefully you can convince the buyer to uninstall it but that’s a tall order.
harrymac62

City/Region: Monmouth
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information regarding my c-80 Raymarine system. I shall file your information in my pea brain and take action soon.
thataway

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Considering a new package like that will be 10k and up?

I know that things are more expensive in Canada, but not that much more! US prices below:

If you watch for the bundles, you can get a 7" display, with the Quantum Radar and the down scan transducer in the $2500 range on sale.

Right now you can get the Axiom 9+. with the quantum radar for $2900. The Axiom + will have a screen twice as bright as a C 80 and over 2x faster updates. There is an entirely new system, all of which is supported by Raymarine. Older technology will not be supported.

The radar will be digital, solid state. It is worlds ahead of the 15 year old technology. Power drain is a fraction, and far less radiation. The Quantum radar has better discrimination, separation of objects, and better resolution. It will be brighter Relative motion and MARPA are available, giving better safety.

A couple of months ago I got the Axiom+ 7" and the real vision transducer (does CHIRP, Down Scan, Side Scan, and 3 D rendering of the bottom for about $1400, not on sale. The Axiom+ has a 25% brighter screen, screen technology which decreases fingerprints, and works better when wet, 2x memory, faster processor, and 2x faster GPS capture, The Axiom (non +) is about $485. The Plus is about $350 to $400 more.
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are amazing deals especially online on some new stuff, but putting together the whole package with autopilot is expensive. Even things like cables add up quick. I’ve done the complete package cheaper but right now it is hard to even find a radar in some brands. If you go into your local dealership and it isn’t close to 10k US after tax I’d be surprised. Here is an example for the pricing on autopilot and radar on a Ranger tug 8k usd with the screen and transducer being extra. Yes this is installed price and way newer but it’s just an example https://rangertugs.blob.core.windows.net/media/3563/080321-r-25-spec-sheet-web.pdf

If it was just a radar/screen I’d say sell it cheap but when a guy or gal wants all the whistles and prices out new and sees a complete used package for the price of just a radar and screen they will think twice and likely buy.
Pacificcoast101

City/Region: Torrance
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: No Pressure
Photos: No Pressure
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144545867380?hash=item21a79ae674:g:do8AAOSwQ6lieIUn

Southern California Marine Life
https://www.flickr.com/photos/southern_california_marine_life/albums

My Photos
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/?pseudoid=%7bAC42A235-FD0A-464A-B559-1CC5843C95FB%7d&name=Phil+Garner&st=11&mode=0&comp=1
thataway

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the support for old hardware is the issue of software updates and lack of being able to use current charts. Generally one is relegated to legacy chart cards on E Bay.

If one upgrades, the older auto pilot will still work on the latest RayMarine Axiom FMD. (One way to save some bucks when upgrading so you don't have to spend all of the money at once.)
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are selling the whole package. I would concur with the 1500 to 1900 as being reasonable. I sold C-120 plotter, charts and radar and it went quick and easy for 1/3rd of that and it was a good deal. It went to a local Brat so it was fine with me. To have a full package, fully working is a good plus. Yes it may not last forever, but a new replacement for that package is going to be 10 - 12K.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: