The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - C-Dory 25 for sale

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steinpiaz

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: The Lighthouse Express
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: SOLD - C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

For sale, 2004 C-Dory 25 with Twin Honda 90hp motors with 580 hours

Raymarine C80 nav system with auto pilot and radar
Raymarine VHF radio, EPIRB, compass
Bathroom/shower, hot water heater,
Wallas stove & heater
anchor windlass
hydraulic steering
Trim tabs
EZ Loader tandem axle trailer
King Marine Canvas camper back
Right after we bought it I added a good inventory of spare parts (filters, zincs, pump impellers, etc). I also added a spare anchor rode, a Baja fuel filter and there’s a spare propellor.

The boat is very clean and well kept (it’s always been stored under cover). We live in Canada (BC) and bought it pre-covid and never got a chance to use it. We were planning on taking it down to the Baja and had put it into storage in Needles until we could do the trip. Then they shut the border down and we've been stuck in BC ever since.

I'm asking $60,000. The boat also has a photo album on the C-Brats website under the name Lighthouse Express. It's kind of a headache to show, but my brother lives in Phoenix and I can arrange for him to meet interested parties. There's also a marine surveyor in Bullhead City who could survey it.

I can't figure out how to post photos directly, but here's a link to the photos on my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jg7YDdUsDyuPcym3F0Ka10gtVwM5wqE_?usp=sharing
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Lighthouse Express C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

Here's the link to the photo album.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Lighthouse-Express&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
olddemps

City/Region: Corte Madera
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

steinpiaz wrote:
For sale, 2004 C-Dory 25 with Twin Honda 90hp motors with 580 hours

I'm asking $60,000.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jg7YDdUsDyuPcym3F0Ka10gtVwM5wqE_?usp=sharing

Is the asking price $$$ in CAD or USD??

Thanks

moretzj

City/Region: Virginia Beach
State or Province: VA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the boat located? BC or Arizona??
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

The asking price is in US dollars and the boat is located in Needles California at a long term storage facility (Needles is right on the state line and only about 30 miles from Lake Havasu, AZ).
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

Since the border is still closed, I'm thinking that one way to deal with it is to organize a one or two day open house. That way I can arrange for my brother to come up to Needles from Phoenix and show it to interested C-Brats people. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

steinpiaz wrote:
Since the border is still closed, I'm thinking that one way to deal with it is to organize a one or two day open house. That way I can arrange for my brother to come up to Needles from Phoenix and show it to interested C-Brats people. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

Someone could just buy it sight unseen, like they do with houses these days.
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
steinpiaz wrote:

Someone could just buy it sight unseen, like they do with houses these days.
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought I replied, but I'm not sure where my reply went. To my way of thinking the boat is actually in a fairly good location as it's relatively close to the Bay area as well as San Diego, LA and Phoenix so it seems like there would be a fair number of people within that radius who would be interested. In fact, right after buying this we ran into a couple from the Bay area who had a C-Dory 25 in the marina in La Paz and they were jealous we found one so close. When they bought theirs they ended up having to drive to South Dakota to pick one up.

A lot of the C-Brats also know this boat from when Heintz Klose had it as him and his wife did several C-Brats group trips so many people are aware it's a nice, well kept boat . I had been looking for a C-Dory 25 for several months, so jumped on this one the day his post came out and was lucky enough to have a friend who lives near him who could go inspect it for me, so we gave him a deposit on it the following day. By the time we showed up to pick it up he had two or three backup offers.

In any case, nice ones are hard to come by so I think will sell pretty fast as it seems like most people who are serious about C-Dory's follow this website.
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: C-Dory 25 for sale Reply with quote

The boat is now under contract with an expected close in October. That said, it's the buyer is traveling a long distance to see the boat, so I welcome back up offers just in case something happens and he needs to back out of the deal.
Thollis2

City/Region: Edmonds
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Purchase offer Reply with quote

Hello,
I will monitor your thread here. Please post an update if your current deal falls through.
Regards,
Theresa
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Purchase offer Reply with quote

Thollis2 wrote:
Hello,
I will monitor your thread here. Please post an update if your current deal falls through.
Regards,
Theresa

Sounds good. Thanks Theresa.
stevedudek

City/Region: Newport
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Yeti
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Has your boat sold? Reply with quote

has your boat sold?
steinpiaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: SOLD- CD 25 Reply with quote

We just finalized the sale yesterday, so the Lighthouse Express now has a new home out in North Carolina and is looking forward to cruising the ICW.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: