View previous topic :: View next topic  
RileyDog

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Nile
Photos: RileyDog - For Sale
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:17 am    Post subject: Height of 22 Cruiser on trailer?? Reply with quote

Hi Folks
New Member here and hope to be around for a long time.
I'm just in the process of getting prices to transport a 2006 22 Cruiser across Canada and back to the west coast. Have the following question from a uShip trucker:
Question: Please confirm overall height on trailer, we would dispatch a 53' step deck semi for open transport if 10'6 or less. Thank you.

Can anyone give me a pretty good answer to this question ... I'm guessing this overall height would be less than 10'6" ??

Thanks
Tom
SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my 22’ on a tandem trailer exceeds that height. High arch with radome on top. There are variable trailer heights and radar arches, and the trucking company really wants to know: “can we drive THIS boat under standard bridge heights without ripping the top off? I would hesitate to submit a height for anything but YOUR specific boat on YOUR specific trailer. Congrats on the cdory, and good luck with your shipping! Maybe a brat in the area can get a measurement for you if the seller will not?
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, it depends on what's on top of your boat, how high the trailer is, and how the boat sits on the trailer. In my case, I have no radar arch and the antenna folds down. The highest point is the GoLight on the front of the cabin roof. My boat is just under 9' tall on the trailer.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the height of Midnight Flyer, with high top and radome on roof came in just under 10’ on her trailer. But depends on what attachments you have on your roof.
Peter & Judy

City/Region: Olds
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Mistaya
Photos: Mistaya
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 22' is a high top and has a high radar arch with a radar on top which brings it to about 12 feet tall on the trailer. You may have to strip whatever is on the top for shipping, so that it fits on the trailer and then restore when you get it home.

HMCB Mistaya
"Mistaya" (Grizzly Bear in Cree)
HMCB (Her Majesties Cute Boat)
SteakTacos

City/Region: Somewhere on the Snoqualmie River
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: E~fishin~C
Photos: E~fishin~C
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is also just inches shy of 12’
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Height of C-Dory on Trailer Reply with quote

Just measured my 22' cruiser with standard cabin top. The boat is sitting on a single axle EZ Loader bunk trailer. The height from ground to maximum curviture of cabin top is 8' 3".
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My '99 22' standard Cruiser (nothing on top) on a custom Charleston double-axle bunk trailer is 8' 1-1/2" high.
RileyDog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you All for helping me out with this height on trailer measurement. It's really helped me with what direction to take as far as transporting a 22 Cruiser from Ontario to British Columbia Canada.
I received 4 quotes that ranged from just under $8k to $5.00 short of $10k.cdn to haul the boat back out west. These figures plus all the logistics of co-ordinating and scheduling have made me reconsider and say no to purchasing this particular boat.
That said ... if anyone here knows of, or is selling a nice 22' Cruiser on a double axle trailer on the west coast of Canada or the PNW of the States, please do get in touch and let me know. I've got the winter to find such a boat and am willing and able to look into what's available.
Thanks so much for this great resource!
Take care and have fun.
Tom
Peter & Judy

City/Region: Olds
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Mistaya
Photos: Mistaya
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five years ago I bought my boat in Whitehorse, Yukon and I live in central Alberta. I considered driving up to pick it up before winter, but I then decided to store it in Whitehorse and make a vacation of it and go up the next summer. We had an excellent maiden voyage on Atlin Lake and some other boating. For $8-10K I would consider driving out and hauling the boat home myself from Ontario. C-Dory's are quite rare in Canada and I though that I would have to buy mine in the PNW and import it. I jumped on this boat in Whitehorse as it had all of the features and modifications that I was looking for. Best of all I paid for it in Canadian dollars. Over the past five years I have not seen a boat for sale to match it in Canada. Good luck in your search.
Larry Brandt

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Tom, call me re 2003 C-22 in PDX Reply with quote

Tom, I tried to PM you but I'm not sure it's letting the message go out. The message is in my Outbox but not in my Sent folder. Please call or FaceTime me to discuss my 2003 C-22 Cruiser here in the Portland, Oregon area. It's sitting on a double axle trailer in front of my home right now while I buff and wax it. It might be what you're looking for. And I can even take it to Bellingham or Blaine for you.

Cheers.

Larry Brandt
five-o-three 3-five-8 five-one-0-two.
RileyDog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Tom, call me re 2003 C-22 in PDX Reply with quote

Larry Brandt wrote:
Tom, I tried to PM you but I'm not sure it's letting the message go out. The message is in my Outbox but not in my Sent folder. Please call or FaceTime me to discuss my 2003 C-22 Cruiser here in the Portland, Oregon area. It's sitting on a double axle trailer in front of my home right now while I buff and wax it. It might be what you're looking for. And I can even take it to Bellingham or Blaine for you.

Cheers.

Larry Brandt
five-o-three 3-five-8 five-one-0-two.

Larry
Just checking ... did you receive the pm from me? I think I'm in the same boat as you re- not sure if message sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: