The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

80's 16' angler window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobberdown

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: G.S. lollipop
Photos: Bobberdown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: 80's 16' angler window Reply with quote

I have an early 80's angler 16' the sliding window on the passengers side is no longer there, anyone know if there is somewhere to get a replacement? Backup plan is to pull drivers side and use it as a template to have the other cut.
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobberdown,
The OEM product was most likely Diamond Sea Glaze in Canada. You can request repair parts here:
https://www.advantecstore.com/Brand_DSG
The cost to do business with them is extremely expensive. The alternative is to have your local glass shop replace the OEM window.
I recently had three forward windows made and installed. I do most things on my own, but the cost of safety glass, even before cutting it is expensive, so I had my local glass shop do the project and I was very pleased with the finish work.

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
Bobberdown

City/Region: Olympia
Vessel Name: G.S. lollipop
Photos: Bobberdown
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up. I am in Olympia, WA, and would like to find a direct fit/replacement. Anyone have any recommendations for who does this around here
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diamond Glaze supplies tempered glass, the same as used in your side and rear car windows. It crumbles when it breaks, or at least mine did. At least they did for Journey On, a 2005. The front of your car uses safety glass, which has a thin layer of plastic between 2 sheets of glass.

When you go to your local good glass shop, ask for safety glass. It's cheaper, less trouble and if it's good for a windshield it's good for a C-Dory window.

Boris
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled my good one out and took it to a Seattle shop that I had dealt with in the past. They didn't carry the required tempered glass in stock and sent it out to a shop in Tacoma (I learned after looking at the work order). Can't remember the name now, but you might do some research and find out who they are. I remember it was pricier that I was hoping for. Don't know if that was a markup or just that tempered glass is expensive.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: