The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Towing speed (?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

journey on wrote:
Since I got rid of those Chinese trailer tyres.

Boris

Did the same. Installed 4 Goodyear Endurance tires prior to this trip. I’ve gone thru several “Made in China” tires ;some came with the trailer, some I bought from Les Schwab. I’m going to put the 4 used ones on my car hawler. It does not see many miles. Still need one more Goodyear for the (boat) spare.

Desert Dory

City/Region: Tucson
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Desert Dory
Photos: Desert Dory
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
" . . . and we tow with a 2010 5.7L Tundra rated to tow 10k lbs."

Specifically I was curious about Desert Dory since he is running the same tow rig I am. I have a a Scan Gauge II, and run it full time but I have not figured out how to get the Tranny temp out of it.

And Yes, Bob, I am a believer in the Banks systems. Have driven with them many times.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Hey Harvey,
Sorry for the late reply.

I have a Bully Dog GT tuner in the truck that I use to display coolant temp, trans temp (it's the pan temp, so I'm told), intake air temp, and something else (I'll have to look). I do have the "tow" tune installed which provides a bit more low end torque and remaps the shift points. It also allows you to adjust some stuff/settings that normally have to be done at the dealer, or with the Toyota Tech Stream software and a laptop. Want to turn off the seatbelt chime, done! Want to remap the sensitivity of the gas peddle, done! Door ajar chime bugging you, done! You get the idea.

Having said all that, these things list @ $399. I got mine for $125 from a guy on Tundras.com. Would I buy one for list price? Probably not, as I don't see huge difference from the stock tune. It is nice to have the ability to turn some stuff on and off but I would just get the Tech Stream software to do that kind of stuff.

Also, your Scan Gauge should work just fine for what you're wanting to do. From what I have read about them, you just need to load the proper PID into the device to display the info that's missing. PLUS, that device will display both, the converter temp, and pan temp, with the proper PID's loaded. I think a Google search is going to be your best bet to figure out how to do it.

Cheers, Desert Dory
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have seen some info about the Bully Dog Tuner, but not interested in the $$$ for what I would get out of it, I don't think. I do need to spend more time on the Scan GaugeII and get that sorted out. I have heard that it can do what I need, That is why I bought it.

Thanks again.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: