hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. I have seen the Decadence and Hypervent. Didn't know about the others. I am not a fan of the Hypervent, to sharp on the top side. I like the Decadence due to it's softer feel. I will look into the vinyl loop floor mat from American Floor Mat. Might be just the thing.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Floor Mat has 15% off and free shipping. I believe it ends today. I don't see anything that the Deckadence would add under a mattress. You won't be able to see any "softness" thru the mattress, unless you are sleeping on directly on the Deckadence...Then I would recommend a good psychiatrist! Smile
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Nainu

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1991
Vessel Name: Nainu
Photos: Nainu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished a lot out of my boat. While I haven't tied other options, I don't think you can go wrong with dri-dek if fishing is a regular use of your boat. Agree it is tough on bare feet, but that makes it more non-slip and i don't do a lot of barefoot cruising in Alaska. Not sure how squishy it gets went hot (if you get the white version, this may help with this issue). Only drawback for me was cleaning it. I bleed all my fish and there will be a lot of blood and bait pieces under it at the end of the day. Hosing it down from the top does not remove it all. You have to bend it back and hose and brush the underneath to clean it. But that is a small price.
The Duragrid Comfort may be a good compromise if you are not into fishing so much. It looks like it may be easier on the feet but more slippery when fishing. I would be interested in others' experience with it.
Dri-dek was such a vast improvement for a small price that I have always considered it the best investment I made in improving the boat.
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered the American Floor Mat without the boarder and backing. It will be for the V Birth and then I also got a section for the hall way. That will go down on the Dri Deck already there, for looks and comfort. Will let you know how it is. Should be here by the weekend. Thanks for the tip Bob. Another gret lead from you.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got that American Floor mat in my cabin. The decadence is a little nicer and heavier, but you pay a lot more for it. The only complaint I have about the American stuff is it's a little harder to vacuum stuff out of it, as it tends to trap stuff in it's weaving. But its so much better than carpet, which starts to stink after getting wet. While I had the decadence in the cockpit of Midnight Flyer, I elected not to put anything in C-Traveler's cockpit to keep it easier for cleaning up. And for hatch access. Some day I may change my mind tho and install the decadence back there. I just have the "pink board" insulation stuff under my V-Berth cushions. Keeps the cushions dry. But doesn't allow for any air circulation. Colby
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
American stuff is it's a little harder to vacuum stuff out of it,

We don't vacuum it, we wait until we are thru with the voyage, and then pull the mat out and wash it off. Dry Deck under the mat, gives good circulation. Once a year, we vacuum under the Dry Deck, and then wash down the floor and Dri Deck.
croakz

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Jolly Blue
Photos: Jolly Blue
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
Ikea floor tiles.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album2825&id=floor2&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

@ssobol - How have your Ikea wood tiles held up?
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

croakz wrote:
ssobol wrote:
Ikea floor tiles.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album2825&id=floor2&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

@ssobol - How have your Ikea wood tiles held up?

They have held up very well. I did give them a wash and another coat of varnish this spring before the season started.

Originally the Ikea tiles are stained but not varnished. They are supposed to be for outdoor use, but probably not a marine environment. Before I first put them in the boat I gave all the wood bits 3 coats of polyurethane varnish (satin finish).

Like Dri-deck there are gaps between the wood pieces that let stuff (and water) fall through. Once every year or two I take the tiles out and clean the deck underneath.

I would do this same thing again if I got another boat.
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did put the American Mat under my V-Birth mattress (and I ran it up the sides to the top of the mattress) and under the port-a-pottie. I like it. Always dry, but not noticeably colder, and still thinking about putting it down on the hallway over the Drydeck. It was easy to put in, cuts with trauma scissors, and gives a choice of smooth or flat surface for the up side.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: