The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

A couple questions for 16ft Angler owners.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyRambles

City/Region: Michigan/Florida
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: A couple questions for 16ft Angler owners. Reply with quote

I've been contemplating purchasing a 16ft Angler for a while now and have a couple quick questions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

First, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the measurement between the floor of the open stern area and the top of the hardtop (The outside). I haven't been able to see an angler version in person yet (Only the cruiser) and I'm wondering if I can stand in the stern of the boat and easily look over the hardtop.

My second question is about the hardtop itself. Does anyone have or have you seen one with a reinforced hardtop that would allow one to stand on it? I'm primarily a fisherman and being able to do so and easily spot fish in the flats would be a huge advantage.

That brings me to my third question. Anyone have a bow mount trolling motor on the 16ft Angler? If so, I'd love to see some photos of it. I think I have figured out how to get one to fit, but I'd love to see what others have done.

Thanks again for any help or advice. John.
chieftele

City/Region: Placerville
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Rose Bud
Photos: Rose Bud
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can check the measurement for you this evening and report back. I am only 5'7", but have to tippy toe to see over the pilot house. The pilot house roof is plenty stout enough to stand on, but the small boat wouldn't be very stable on the water with that high center of gravity. Honestly the boat is designed more for trolling than site fishing/casting, although I do cast a fly rod from the cockpit, and occasionally from the bow.
JohnnyRambles

City/Region: Michigan/Florida
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chieftele wrote:
I can check the measurement for you this evening and report back. I am only 5'7", but have to tippy toe to see over the pilot house. The pilot house roof is plenty stout enough to stand on, but the small boat wouldn't be very stable on the water with that high center of gravity. Honestly the boat is designed more for trolling than site fishing/casting, although I do cast a fly rod from the cockpit, and occasionally from the bow.

Thank you Chieftele, I greatly appreciate it! I figured they would be quite tippy from the top of the cabin, but I'm glad to see it might be a possibility in a pinch.
chieftele

City/Region: Placerville
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Rose Bud
Photos: Rose Bud
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:thus
So it's 64" from the cockpit deck to the top of the cabin.

We've had the Rosebud for about 8 or 9 years now and love this little boat! We mostly use it in high elevation lakes, but have also taken it to the CA Delta, and even out into the ocean once with good conditions. It is very safe, and dry. It handles 4' waves with ease. As I mentioned, not ideal for site casting, but not difficult either. A bench seat in the cockpit might be an idea for a platform.
Admittedly, I'm dreaming of a 23 venture. But for now, the Rosebud has served the wife and I really well.
I don't have an elec trolling motor, but it would be nice on the bow. You might have to get a little creative to figure out a nice way to mount typical setups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: