tparrent

City/Region: Apex
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Tomfoolery
Photos: tparrent (TBD)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacific Coast101 - thanks for the steering alignment suggestion. Much easier than I expected, especially after reading the instructions. They can be found on page 11 here:

http://www.boatsteer.com/assets/LiquidTieBar.pdf

gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Before you enter Lake Champlain (either NY or Vermont), state laws require you to remove the section of flexible white sewage hose between the macerator overboard discharge pump and the overboard discharge thru-hull on the side of the boat. All this to prove you’re not dumping sewage into Lake Champlain.

On my boat, this was a real pain due to tight access, ancient solidified connections, sharp turns and the contents of the hose itself, which was full of (surprise)! In addition to your mallet, you’ll need a hairdryer, new utility blades x 6, a headlamp, a drill, a large pipe wrench, many tools you don’t have on the boat, Clorox, lots of wipes, two days and 4 beers. And more Clorox wipes. Around 500-800 should be enough.

Order a new length of the best sanitation hose you can find, you won’t be able to re-use it. I have a section extra if you want it free.

If we had one, we would agree that this is a job for a nimble 14 year old son.

This C-Brats site has a ‘Poll’ option which I have not seen used in many years. Perhaps we could take a ‘poll’ on whether your son should take on this mission. Talk about pressure! He needs to learn about the nuances of boat ownership.

After that, he’ll find disconnecting the fishbox plumbing at the fishbox macerators a piece of cake.

https://www.canals.ny.gov/

Be aware NY state currently requires a neg Covid test and 10 days quarantine on entry, though Brats say it’s only enforced for air travel.

During our conversations with local boaters when on Lake Champlain, they implied that law enforcement did not regard themselves as ‘pottie police’, but that one would go boat to boat at some popular crowded areas on weekends inspecting and writing citations.

I’d suggest your best option is to get this taken care of long before your May Lake Champlain cruise.

Happy Plumbing Adventures!
John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: