The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/13 - 05/16 - Friday Harbor CBGT 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baxter

City/Region: Sheridan
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Baxter ll
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor May 13, 2021 Reply with quote

Any updates on these plans for gathering? Thank you.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angler wrote:
Harvey,
Yes coming from NY, via my daughters house in Seattle. I have land based accommodations very close to the docks. I guess I will look for the C-Dory’s and start saying hello!
Tim

Tim, Again, Welcome -- (bring your mask) and head for the "H" dock. It will be clear to your left as you descend to the dock level.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been getting some "confusing info" from the FH Port so now after an E-mail to Tami, the port manager, this is what I got back.

Quote:
"Hey Harvey,

Down in another facility today working on some projects, sorry went to voicemail.

We always try and get you every slip on the inside of H-dock, and will do the same this season, sometimes there are some stragglers is all.

We’ll guarantee you the 34 spaces, outside of that anyone else that comes in we’ll try and get as close as possible. They’ll get in somewhere just can’t guarantee if you bring 50 boats that you will all be side by side. I thought you usually gave us a list of the names in the group, like the 34 names, but guess I’m wrong about that, it’s been a long time since I organized the groups. 😊

So we can just have people go directly to the inside of H, it does not matter to me which slips they’re in and we’ll direct them like that.

We also have you reserved in G1—G13. We will put the biggest boats in group on G-dock 40’ slips in this reserve block. They should still call in on 66US VHF so if bigger we can direct to G. Knowing how many are 28’ + would help us.

Everyone should be able to get in no problem.

The moorage rate in May is $1.15, your discount is .25/foot, so nightly rate is .90/foot. Electricity is additional (know many don’t plug in) and based on length. Happy to offer discount for all three nights, Thurs, Fri, Sat.

If they’re staying Sunday they should check in separately and would pay the normal marina rate. Friends travelling with that are not C-dory’s aren’t really part of the group and would go to other slips besides the ones we have set aside for the group (34) and would pay regular guest rates.

I’m hoping everything regarding Phases in WA or San Juan County don’t change. We are having outbreaks on the island again after 3-4 weeks without, know that goes for WA State and the country as well.

We absolutely want to be as flexible as possible on everything but with Covid and border closed it has put a tremendous strain on the Port of Friday Harbor, Roche Harbor, and other small marinas in the islands. With reservations and guest moorage opening back up this same weekend in May, I’m just expecting large amounts of boats to be on the water. It isn’t normally like this in mid-May but we are in a new world.

Thanks Harvey, Tami

Yes, we are on; Yes, it may be different; Yes, it will be fun to get to see most of you Shocked yes, masks and such even if / when we have had our vaccinations ---> (Emogee for Big Smile with a mask on here) And Yes, and we are asking Barry for a new version of the anti-Rain Dance, the masked version. Keep tuned in for what is going to be happening.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planing on coming over on the 16 on Saturday late am. Spend the night at a motel up the hill.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could be there. So many great memories of may gatherings in Friday Harbor
Different for sure but enjoy the camaraderie
Next year we’ll bring our new ship down
CHB 40.
George
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a good opportunity to tour boats?

I'd love to look around and see what others have done with their C-Dorys. I can't bring mine because it's sitting in my barn, stripped bare, awaiting restoration. I have free reign to incorporate whatever I want when I start building it out and I know many of you have done some nice additions and modifications. I supposed there isn't an "open boat" tour or anything like that, but are many folks amenable to showing off what they've got. I'd love to see what's been done and get some ideas for what I might incorporate.

Of the four days, which might be best for this sort of thing? We would stay somewhere close by in our truck/camper.

Angler

City/Region: Clarence
State or Province: NY
Vessel Name: The Laurie Jean (Tim & Laurie)
Photos: Laurie Jean
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I will be in attendance, no boat, for exactly the same reason. Get idea’s and meet fellow owners.
Tim
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, it’s been quite awhile since we last seen you. We wish you were coming to this gathering also.

—————-

Anyone wanting to check out our CD22 are welcome to. Just let us know at the Gathering

Jay

pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:

Anyone wanting to check out our CD22 are welcome to.
Jay

You and your boat especially Jay!
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, Would really love to get to see you at FH, but we should also probably keep it legal. We can plan on next year. Congrats on the length(up)grade. Look forward to taking a peek. Sure glad to see you are still checking in here.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul and Tim (and others)

Visiting other boats is a common and favored practice at the FH-CBGT. This (Covid) year, that practice will be (probably) much more irregular, and we will have to yield to the preference of each boat owners will. Some may be more open to having anyone come aboard, others my limit that to those who have been fully vaccinated, and there may be some who are uncomfortable to having anyone other then themselves on board.

It is, (to state the obvious), proper to only enter a vessel with permission of the vessel owner/crew.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one that wants to see my boat can. I will give full tours . mask not required but that is up to you. I dont judge other peoples choices either way.
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FH-CBGT 2021
NOW, May 13, 2021
1 month and counting.
Comments or concerns?

Looking forward to seeing your fresh smiling eyes at least.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about the upcoming CBGT at Friday Harbor. It IS just around the corner and there are several things that need to be address for our group.

*>We would normally have a pot luck.

*>Normally we would have a communal breakfast on Saturday morning.

*>We would normally have an evening dinner out as a fairly large group.

*>We would normally have the Coast Guard Auxiliary Officers doing Vessel Safety Inspections.

*>We would normally have considerable visitation, on our boats and at our docks.

*>We would normally not need to be wearing masks or keeping respectful distances.

This is a not normal year, even though there are those who feel that there is way too much hullabaloo over a little bug, there are still concerns about Covid virus contacts.

I will be really honest here and say that I am concerned about coordinating, (calling together), a group that is as wide spread as we are, geographically, generationally, experientially, and yes honestly politically. In no way do I think the virus is political, NOR, do I consent in anyway, politicizing the virus or the medical responses necessary to treat the illnesses or prevent it’s spread. Too many of us are acutely aware of loved ones lost to Covid, and I doubt anyone wants to be responsible for any further loss. To that end, I will be checking with the Port of Friday Harbor for any Current Health Department announcements weekly. For now this is what is on the Port web site.

Quote:
UPDATES FOR CUSTOMERS & GUESTS
Woohoo! Per our County’s Health Office, we are now open at 100% capacity. We are excited to see you, but we ask that you please continue to practice social distancing, sanitizing, and washing your hands. Don’t forget your face coverings! It is a state requirement that they be worn in public spaces. We look forward to safely seeing you.

We are all in this together and the Port is grateful to all of you for our continued success! See you soon at the Port of Friday Harbor, where Friday begins.”

The onus is on us, (C-BRAT community), to be compliant with their “ask”.

Personal note: Social Distancing on an 8 foot wide dock may be complicated or tricky.

For some, they will have had Covid vaccinations. For others they may not have. For some, there will be different levels of comfort in the various situations. For others there may be different levels of concerns. We need to be mindful of that and respect others.

I know C-BRATS is a great group and we are all friends with so much in common, so I hope that we can continue in that vein. I am hearing that the park docks are already full in many places. Looks like we may be anchoring a plenty.

C-Pal docking at Port of Friday Harbor -- on their Marina website.

Looking forward to seeing most of you, soon.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming > SOON

We will be needing a signup sheet for information for the Port of Friday Harbor.
This will have some more information on it than we have had to provide before.
Gary and Colleen (DayBreak), will be doing the Spreadsheet generation, and will post what info they have. It will be up to each of us to PM them with the appropriate info needed to complete the form prior to the CBGT.

The Information needed will be:

Boat Name
Boat length
Boat Home Port
Captain
Names of each additional on board
Arrival Date
Departure Date
Requesting a Vessel Safety Inspection

You may copy this list and then PM that to them at: DayBreak

Thank you for your cooperation.

Harvey
SleepyC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: