The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/13 - 05/16 - Friday Harbor CBGT 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drbridge

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Susan Marie
Photos: Susan Marie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricka wrote:
Doug And Susan,
Your long term parking offer is greatly appreciated! Just to make sure your ok with the length of our rig and trailer it is close to 50'. I have a couple of pictures on my photo album page from when we picked the boat up.
Are you planning on the Friday Harbor function as well?

It will fit, no problem.
We are planning to go if we get our vaccinations by then.

hardee

C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS mentioned, Parking and even launching at John Wayne Marina (Sequim) will try your patience for near to eternity, sometimes several hours wait on the opening morning. I would and do avoid it like worse than the plague.

I will probably launch the weekend before, and and get out of the area before the rush. I would highly recommend that, but then I am not a fisherman. Maybe launch the 5th or so and go for a short cruise before the FH-CBGT, possibly meeting a group over near Deception Pass then up into the San Juan Islands landing at FH-CBGT on Thursday the 13th.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

drbridge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hardee"]AS mentioned, Parking and even launching at John Wayne Marina (Sequim) will try your patience for near to eternity, sometimes several hours wait on the opening morning. I would and do avoid it like worse than the plague.

We have never had any big problems launching here, but I always scout it out and pick our times. The day before the opener it is not bad. even on the day of the opener you can sneak in and launch at 11:00am. The fisherman are all on the water by then, you just won't be able to park. Launching an hour before dark works well too, and then we stay the night at Sequim Bay State Park. We are fortunate that I can have one of my kids shuttle our rig or us to our house and back when launching and retrieving.
ricka

City/Region: Yreka
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2020
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: ricka
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our plan is to leave here late May 7th or early on the 8th. We should be able to get to Sequim by the 10th to launch. I have already called the Marina and found that you can not reserve a slip as it is 1st come 1st serve. Not a big deal as we can also anchor out at the park or elsewhere. We will bring our gen set.
Hopefully launching by the 10th or 11th will avoid any issues.
We are still trying to get our vaccinations down here, Kerry got her 1st one because she works at the school district but I have to wait because I am few months from 65 years of age Sad

1976 ORION TRIHULL 15
1984 BOSTON WHALER 17 MONTAUK
1996 BOSTON WHALER 21 CONQUEST
2006 BOSTON WHALER 17 MONTAUK
hardee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to the Port Of Friday Harbor crew, Jenny, and they have 20 slips reserved for us. We have 24 boats signed up for this event as of today. I was told we do not need to make individual reservations and that the "COMPUTER" only allows for a 20 reservation block. We will not have the large party barge as that went to the Anacortes Yacht Charter group.

I don't really know how this years gathering is going to pan out, but from the early indications, many of us are wanting to get back to boating normal, which looks like including a FH-CBGT this Spring.

There are 15 finger piers on H dock, so a capacity of 30 boats, and we have always filled that plus needing some more spaces. Currently we have a reservation for 2/3ds of that dock. This is the first year that I know of that there has been a "limit" on the reservation size.

So, If you are planning to come PLEASE be sure that you are added to the signup list, accessed from the home page button bar. Go to "Event Signups" and click there and follow the prompts. I will be giving her an update as to the numbers regularly, and may even need to have some folks call in to make reservations, (so they know we are serious about needing more than 20 spaces) unless we can make some other arrangements besides, "we can just schedule them close to your group".

So, again, If you are planning to come PLEASE be sure that you are added to the signup list.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Angler

City/Region: Clarence
State or Province: NY
Vessel Name: The Laurie Jean (Tim & Laurie)
Photos: Laurie Jean
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbour Reply with quote

Harvey, If I am reading the sign up information correctly I am clearly on the list in the top spot! 'Angler' I want to be clear. I will be there but No Boat. So I think you are now down to 23 slips.

Tim
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added us to the list. We plan on being there unless the land route to Skagway, Alaska opens.
hardee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday Harbour Reply with quote

Angler wrote:
Harvey, If I am reading the sign up information correctly I am clearly on the list in the top spot! 'Angler' I want to be clear. I will be there but No Boat. So I think you are now down to 23 slips.

Tim

Tim, You are right and again, Welcome.
Jay, Thanks looking forward to seeing you both.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

drbridge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we got our first Vaccine and are scheduled to get our 2nd early March we have signed up and plan to attend FH as long as the gig goes down. The website says they are now open at 100% capacity, so there should be plenty of room. It will be great to be on the water again.
bbblake3@gmail.com

City/Region: ANACORTES
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Friday harbor Reply with quote

1st timer! Wanted to go last year but work wouldn't allow it. I'm out of Anacortes (O-dock, come say hi!) Any tips on what to plan for? Would love to reach out get to know every one!

Brandon

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon,

Welcome to C-Brats.

Looking forward to meeting you at the annual Friday Harbor event. There is talk about pre-Friday Harbor event travel starting from Deception Pass for those new with their boats and wish to travel together beforehand and to see a few other places in the islands. Stay-tuned with this pre-travel event!

We have a number of slips reserved on G and H docks. I see that you are already signed-up. Great! Don't worry about bringing a thing, bring yourself, your friends and feel welcome!

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon, welcome. I generally fuel up at Cap Sante and sometimes find time walk the docks to view boats. I'm pretty sure I've seen yours. At any rate, I'm a big fan of the 16' Angler/Cruiser--as are many others here. Are you planning to cruise to Friday Harbor?
kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up and planning to attend. We have only ever been to one several years ago. Thanks for your efforts to organize. Ken and Harriet
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if things go right we will be in the islands on the 7th for a week and will attend the gathering. We will fishing hard the first part of the week for ling and shrimp ( if opened ). If any one wants ling cod tips or locations give me a call or PM. We will be staying at several areas anchorages over the week. see you all there.
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
I'm anxiously awaiting for some news about the shrimp season (will it open, when will it open, etc). Do you have any information?? I'll even take rumors.. Wink Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: