The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - 2007, C Dory 25, "Thataway",$70,000
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: SOLD - 2007, C Dory 25, "Thataway",$70,000 Reply with quote

Please make any posts about the boat for sale, not about Marie and my personal plans. We will continue to boat, with our Caracal 18 Cat. I will be 85 in a few months, and for the both of us cruising in a small boat is coming to an end due to our physical limitations. We have put about 300 hours on her in our 3 years.

We will put Thataway up for sale after Hontoon, or if that goes extraordinarily well, after a Erie Canal Cruise later this year. This boat is ready to be loved and used by another owner.

Thataway is one of the first fiberglass interior 25's built in December of 2006. She has a 150 hp Honda outboard with about 550 hours, which just had annual service and paint touch up. The hydraulic steering ram was rebuilt.

Electronics were updated since I purchased the boat, with RayMarine Axiom and Quantum Radar, CHIRP and Down scan. Two plotters 9" and 7". Both use Wifi repeater to an I pad or tablet.

There are two Standard Horizon radios, one with AIS reception and with a RAM remote mike for the mate or Admiral. There will be three hand held VHF, one being an SH HX 870, with DSC.

Auto pilot Ray Marine S 1000. Works well

Windlass Lemmar 700, with about 50' chain and 300' of 8 plait braid. Delta 25# primary anchor

Secondary Anchor is FX 11 Fortress and FX 7 Fortress x 2. Rodes for all of these are included

There are multiple dock lines, including ones for the jam cleats on cabin sides. Plus new heavy dock lines.

Decadance in the cockpit and American Floor Mat in the cabin over dry deck dry deck in locker hull floors.

Two battery systems: FLA for start and house, LIFePO4 200 amp hour Battle Born to power a Victron Multiplus 2000 watt (inverter) 80 amp (charger )50 amp (Boost of dock or generator power)--with auto transfer switch. Remote contol for this unit.

Sterling Battery to battery 30 amp charger off the engine alternator, plus a "dock side" 10 amp Li battery charger, Anderson power pole connectors.

Each battery bank has shunt based battery monitor with amps, state of charge and volts.

There is a new 12 V Norcold Chest refrigerator in a pull out drawer and an ARB chest freezer for the cockpit with dedicated plugs for 12 volt DC and 110 V AC. There is a switch to run these off house or LI bank. There is remote monitoring of temperatures in the galley.

There is a Bimini top with full screen enclosure and inside of that a fully water tight Shelter rite/clear vinyl enclosure. Both of the enclosures stow in an overhead rack in the cabin.

Stereo Sirus for entertainment.

The port forward bulkhead has been removed to open up the forward V berth seas
There is a 4" memory foam topper and custom cover for the V berth.

Caframo Maestro remote variable speed fans with lights are on both sides of the forward cabin.

Windshield waters have variable speed and timer, not working--but have diagram, and it may just be a connection...not yet addressed.

All Cabin lighting is LED, with red and dual brightness in most fixtures. There is an entire boat red night light system, available from the V berth.

There is aisle path LED lighting along the kick space, and interior lighting inside all cabinets.

The water heater has been removed, and a Bosch rapid heat 2.5 gallon unit placed under the galley counter, so there is no wasted water. There is a mixer valve for the shower.

Galley has single induction burner, back up propane single burner, storage for propane outside. Microwave oven. All pots and pans for induction included along with silverware and dishes.

Boat tools, many spares for the engine, filters etc are include. There are multiple storage boxes. Fore deck rain and shade covers. Electrical adaptors for RV campgrounds and all various 220 and 110 V outlets found at marinas.

Charts of many Rivers, Florida, and East Coast included.

Window air conditioner has custom wooden runners, handles on side and a hoist system so one person can easily transfer it from its custom case (for under the bunk) to the window easily. There is a custom skirt around the window.

Screens on all windows and doors.

Head is as an Air Head, with 12 volt ventilation fan.

There are two solar fan vents; one in the forward hatch and one over the aft cabin overhead.

Custom window coverings are behind wooden valences for rapid deployment.

Two fans forward for the crew or windshield plus a "FairView" ceramic 12 volt windshield defogger.

A Mighty Dry compressor SS. Dehumidifier is included. Winter heater; oil filled electric with timer and thermostat. There is a 1200 watt ceramic heater.

The custom radar arch has rod holders, places for 4. large fenders and provide good hand holds when leaving the cockpit.

Fishing rod holders in the cabin overhead.

There is a Honda EU 2200 Generator, which can be removed, but is securely fixed over the splash well.

Included is the 9 1/2' Air floor West Marine dinghy with an outboard motor.

The Garhauer Davit has two positions, one for hoisting the dinghy aboard and one for hoisting material onto the boat from the ground or dock. It could also be used for MOB.

Life ring, throw bag & PLB included.

There are 7 suitable sized fenders plus 2 large inflatable fenders, plus a fender board.

There is a cockpit slant back cover and a full winter cover of heavy material.

The trailer. is an 8500# capacity Load rite--with electric over hydraulic brakes and newer GoodYear Endurance Tires. There is some custom lighting on the trailer.

Included is a full closed video monitor system for the tow vehicle cab--inclding 2 cameras, one which goes on top of the boat's cabin.

There are several "stress cracks" along the cockpit gunnel where most likely a prior owner hit a piling hard. A couple minor scratches, and usual wear and tear on the topsides.

The boat appears to have been used in either brackish or fresh water. Pamlico Sound by prior owners or our use has been 99% fresh water. There is bottom paint.

The 2019 Ford Super Duty 6.7L Diesel 4 x 4 truck less than 5,000 miles,, with multiple upgrades, including the tow package for a 5th wheel, full 360* cameras, Sunroof, etc. is available as a separate package.

The boat may be seen at Hontoon From March 6 thru 12. After that trip, it will be at our home in Pensacola. Delivary could be arranged for a separate fee.

The boat is turn key and ready to take one on a safe voyage.

Here is a link to a 4 page album of upgrades to the boat. There are more than here. I will take some wide angle interior shots in the next day or so.

Contact via C Dory E-mail or PM. Thank you for looking.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Eoliver1

City/Region: Leland
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Photos: Eoliver1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice C-Dory. Looking at comps it seems to be worth in the 45-50k range..
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha.....

You must be looking at CD22s as comps instead of CD25s.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smckean (Tosca) wrote:
Hahahahaha.....

You must be looking at CD22s as comps instead of CD25s.

Or Kelly Blue Book.

Eoliver1, you need to look at C-Dory comps and then look at the updates, modifications and accessories. If I was looking for a 25, I would be on the road already, and that is from the NW corner of Washington State. I'm sure it is worth every cent of the 70K.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

WeekiTiki

City/Region: Weeki Wachee
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Just Cruisin'
Photos: WeekiTiki
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"windshield waters"? Washers, really?
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather that speculate low-ball pricing, it would be best to contact Dr. Bob to discuss it.

In my totally unbiased opinion, this has to be the best equipped, most meticulously maintained CD-25 on the planet. I know Ray (the guy who did the upgrades before selling it to Dr. Bob) and I was beyond impressed with all he did with that boat. Then, turn the ownership over to Bob and Marie, the folks I trust more than anyone else on Earth for factual seamanship and advice, and the next owner will be buying one very impressive C-Dory 25 Cruiser.

If I were in the market for another CD-25, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Some of you may know that I have a bit of experience with the CD-25... if you are in the market for this model, this is one of those best-of-the-best examples.

Don't let this one get away!

Dr. Bob and Marie, we wish you all the best with the sale of this fine boat and the next chapter.

Best wishes and hugs,
Jim & Joan
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this boat may seem a little high on the pricing side compared with some other 25's, I can guarantee you it is fairly priced. Bob has taken excellent care of all his boats, and has added a lot of nice extras you will not find on most. I purchased my 2009 25 last April for $58,000, and it was pretty bare. I easily put another $10G in it with my own upgrades, and still don't have everything Thataway has. I've known Bob for the past 10+ years, and I'm sure he'll be more than willing to work with anybody on pricing. In any case, this is a nice boat and well cared for. Looks like he is throwing in a lot of other stuff as well that allows for a great cruising experience.

Personal note. Sorry Bob to see you selling it. And about a year too late! (I should have waited another year...) So enjoyed the times we cruised together! Colby
Nancy and Bud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
Vessel Name: Emma Mae
Photos: Emma Mae
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is going to get a very special C-Dory!

I only hope that we are able to still be boating at that age.

Best to you both. From my perspective, you are the anchor that holds the C-Brats together.

Enjoy your future adventures wherever they may take you.

kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great boat, we have the same boat, engine and trailer combo. Someone is going to get an amazing cruiser.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out that 4 page album of upgrades ! Wow..

"...we're all in the same boat..."
robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaelc wrote:
Great boat, we have the same boat, engine and trailer combo. Someone is going to get an amazing cruiser.

Heck, if I was in the market, I'd buy it at the advertised price just for the bragging rights about its previous owner!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
Check out that 4 page album of upgrades ! Wow..

Thank you Marti. I improved the annotation, and I will also get some more photos of the interior, the Honda Generator, the head/shower, and the cockpit today or tomorrow.
B95054

City/Region: Maple Ridge
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice boat! If it was not 3000 miles away and in a different country that I am not allowed to drive to you would have me looking at it right away!
easy does it

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Pura Vida
Photos: Easy Does It
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: post topic Reply with quote

A sea trial with Dr Bob?
WOW that in itself would catipolt you into the C-Dory hall of fame!
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: post topic Reply with quote

easy does it wrote:
A sea trial with Dr Bob?
WOW that in itself would catipolt you into the C-Dory hall of fame!

Boating with Bob and Marie is a graduate class in seamanship.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: