View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve-on-mark

City/Region: Gilford
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Nile
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: relocation of the C-Nile Reply with quote

I recenently purchased the C-Nile, a 22 Cruiser, to become my " new " commuter boat. We live on an island on lake Winnepesaukee in NH...my wife has the luxury of working from home, but unfortunately I don't, so after many years of cold, wet boat rides, I finally decided to look for a dry, enclosed pilot house boat. So far so good...my favorite part of the day is hopping on the boat after my 1 hour drive , pouring a glass of wine ( a small box fits nicely in the cabinet door rack ) and making the 4 mile trip to the island as slowly as possible! My 7 year old grandson seems to be obsessed with this vessel...always finding excuses to go on the dory when it's tied up at the dock! First upgrade planned...a subwoofer and rear mounted speakers!
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group steve. I love lake winny! So beautiful up there.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
steve-on-mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
Welcome to the group steve. I love lake winny! So beautiful up there.
It really is... I'll post pics if I can figure this site out... some mornings it's very hard to leave!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard--and you first need an album which you can have one of the administrators set up for you--see the "Member list"--2 and 3rd on the list. Then you just put JPEG or similar photos from your computer into the album. I also look forward to seeing the photos. When does the boating season end? What do you do for transport in the winter? Or is the lake ice free?
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Moxieabs

City/Region: Cape Neddick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Widget
Photos: Widget
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve!
The 2nd owner previous to you had C-Nile around Mark Island, Maine near Winter Harbor. I always liked the name, wish I had thought of it first but then I was not thinking so sharpe at the time. The owner I'm thinking of had her well equipped and took great care. He actually took a ride my Widget before going to PA to purchase C-Nile. After Winter Harbor, C-Nile was known to hang out around Bucksport, Maine. Enjoy your commute!
Dave

steve-on-mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxieabs wrote:
Congrats Steve!
The 2nd owner previous to you had C-Nile around Mark Island, Maine near Winter Harbor. I always liked the name, wish I had thought of it first but then I was not thinking so sharpe at the time. The owner I'm thinking of had her well equipped and took great care. He actually took a ride my Widget before going to PA to purchase C-Nile. After Winter Harbor, C-Nile was known to hang out around Bucksport, Maine. Enjoy your commute!
Dave
and in the small world department, she is now on Mark Island in Gilford NH! The last owners took a lot of equipment off the boat...I was told the upsized to a 25...
steve-on-mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Welcome aboard--and you first need an album which you can have one of the administrators set up for you--see the "Member list"--2 and 3rd on the list. Then you just put JPEG or similar photos from your computer into the album. I also look forward to seeing the photos. When does the boating season end? What do you do for transport in the winter? Or is the lake ice free?
Thanks! Our season begins at ice out...typically ends late November. We close up the house and head back to the mainland for 5 months. Imagine boating in a wide open pontoon when it 20 degrees and sleeting...did it for years, and why I bought the C-Nile!😁 I did post a few pics.
23Venture

City/Region: Ketchikan
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Venture
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Happy New Year,

I bought a 2008 C Dory Venture at Thanksgiving and have only been able to take it out twice, due to Southeast Alaska weather. I have already done some work on her to get ready for spring. I appreciate this website and the members that have already helped me a lot.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member Reply with quote

23Venture wrote:
Happy New Year,

I bought a 2008 C Dory Venture at Thanksgiving and have only been able to take it out twice, due to Southeast Alaska weather. I have already done some work on her to get ready for spring. I appreciate this website and the members that have already helped me a lot.

Patrick, Welcome to the C-BRATS. Great place as you are learning. You guys up there are a hardy bunch. Take care and stay healthy.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

iyaman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Eye C Fish
Photos: Eye C Fish
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Purchased a 2007 16 cruiser recently. Looks like I'm the 3rd owner. This is my first boat. I have not put her on the water yet but I had already spent some money and time doing some maintenance and cleaning. I'll be installing the permatrim tomorrow.

In this connection, I would like to express my gratitude to the C-Brats as a whole. I had been researching, reading and learning a much as I can to be a responsible and a safety boater hopefully. Special mention to Harvey and Bob for answering some of my questions. Thank you gentlemen.

Looking forward to meeting and spending time with some you on the water in the future. Be safe everyone!

P.S. - I'm naming her "Eye C Fish". I just have to incorporate the "C" somewhere as most of you had done in your boat Very Happy .

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"P.S. - I'm naming her "Eye C Fish". I just have to incorporate the "C" somewhere as most of you had done in your boat Very Happy."

Nice name, I like that. Good one. Good to see you hear and Congrats on the new to you 16.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

iyaman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Eye C Fish
Photos: Eye C Fish
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Harvey.

James
daninPA

City/Region: MOUNT JOY
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1994
Vessel Name: NAVIRE
Photos: daninPA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Lurker to owner Reply with quote

After several months of lurking, plotting, planning, considering, reconsidering, discussing, and wondering we decided to take the plunge and join the C-Dory fleet!
I’ve been in and around small boats most of my life, spent a few years flying SEL aircraft (COMM/CFI), motorcycles (FZ1 is the last one), and many, many miles road cycling.
Last year I decided we needed SOMETHING to do together outside that was fun but didn’t require quite the effort level required of those other pursuits. I bought a 1998 Starcraft 14’ boat with a 2 stroke 35 HP Johnson engine on a trailer. I added a hitch to our V6 Accord and we spent many pleasant afternoons last summer buzzing around the reservoir created by a dam in the Susquehanna River. I learned about boat ramps (what a revelation!) and worked through many of the errors that mark a noobie (yes, including forgetting the hull plug)
Anyway, learning about a whole new world is fun, and after 21 years in uniform, personal embarrassment is simply not a thing (Basic at 19 and then Army OCS at age 30 will knock down inflated self esteem quick, fast, and in a hurry).
Anyway, the C-Dory has been appealing for several reasons:
    Utilitarian (hate paying for and maintaining “just for show” stuff)
    Functional (proven across a wide variety of waters)
    Trailerable (we live to far from a dedicated marina to make a season-long slip work. Besides, we want to explore the Great Lakes, St Lawrence, Lake Champlain, the Chesapeake, and the many smaller lakes within 8 hour drive)
    Economical (no twin behemoth inboard trawlers for us, please)
    Enclosed (we plan to cruise waters in the Northeast, where “unpredictable weather” was invented)
    Solid support (Yep, you all!)

We saw our first real C-Dory in person at Three Rivers marine in Crystal River, FL (they only had a Tomcat on the lot). What a beautiful and roomy craft! And TR seem like a decent outfit — no pressure, just a willing tour of the boat. We appreciated the time.

But the new sticker was just not in our color wheel. So we stopped by a seller in Savanah, GA who listed his 22’ on this site. We exchanged emails, made arrangements, and stopped by to see it on our way home from a Florida getaway.

I was impressed by the condition and the equipment, as well as the obvious investment in time and money. After we arrived home I did the math and we sent a deposit (gotta live e-transfer!)

We replaced the V6 Accord with a 2020 Silverado with the Duramax Diesel (my BMW 535 is diesel and I absolutely love it). It’s smooth, quiet, and has sufficient torque to handle the 22’ plus all the typical load tossed in a boat.

We’re planning on traveling down the middle of this month to take it out on the water, go over all the systems, hook it up to the Chevy, and haul it home!

We are also looking forward to meeting other owners, especially out on the beautiful waters of the great continent.

Dan and Janet
Very Happy Very Happy
daninPA

City/Region: MOUNT JOY
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1994
Vessel Name: NAVIRE
Photos: daninPA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Name...? Reply with quote

I meant to add to my intro post: We’re not settled on a name yet.

A few options:

Cur Tailed (Aubrey_Maturin fans will get this one)
    Nordique
    Inoubliable
    Bon entente

(Last three are nods to my French-Canadian heritage. We hope to eventually cruise down the St Lawrence and enter Quebec City the way so many others have before us: by water).
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Dan and Janet - exciting times ahead! I'd suggest you start a new thread with your trip to retrieve the boat, so your posts don't get lost in this 18 page thread. Glad to hear you found the boat that will work for you and look forward to hearing about how you use it. Welcome aboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: