View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tightline, check out the Sea Lion photo album. Most all of those pictures came from Newport and I am a fixture there when Halibut season starts. I have my boat set up for Tuna now and this will be the year I fill my new commercial tote with the long fin.
Drop me a line or stop by and see me in Newport come the second weekend in May. I'll be there with my C-Dory and I'd be happy to give you a ride.
I think I have a full boat for the opening weekend but I could keep you in mind if I get a cancellation or schedule you for one of the following weekends.

I have been nothing short of impressed with my boat in the rough stuff. I have been caught out in the afternoon wind show and was surprised to have one of the fastest boats heading back to port as I was able to remain on plane at a somewhat comfortable cruise speed in the slop. Just slow down and nose into it. This is one remarkable boat. I spent 5 years saving and shopping for mine. I have not questioned my decision one bit. I love my boat, just ask anyone I fish with...
[/url]

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind words. Embarrased Sorry it took so long to respond here but as a lot of you know things have been just a tad busy. Shocked

Tightline, there is absolutely nothing more satisfying than providing some basic information to folks (especially newcomers) so that they can, hopefully, come to their own conclusions about what will work best for them. All the best in your shopping and enthusiastic as we all are about the C-Dory boat do look at others so that you have something to compare against; and so you don't end up thinking every time you use the boat about "what might have been" if you had looked at more options.

www.marinautboats.com
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Grouperdog Scott and Laurie: Congratulations! And good choice. I look forward to meeting you, and nosing around your new boat at a gathering this year. (Fear not: I'll take my shoes off, and wash my paws.)
Cat
tightline

City/Region: Albany OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Scuffy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

I will definitely take you up on your offer. I have been hoping to go out in that time frame, or that type of water, it has a tendency to be a little nasty that time of year. I talked to a friend of mine ( john/Sturgn ) I think you know him. He tells me that you and the sea lion would be a very good choice to show me what the c-dory really is like. He has been franticly pulling new wires this weekend trying to get the new boat ready for the February shake down cruise. When you have a seat open let me know, I can get away almost any time, I have 700 hours of vacation on the books so unless hell freezes over I will be there and by the way, I review your photo album every time you put a new one in so I have been following your adventures as you go along, Thumbs Up
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: For the record... Reply with quote

Just for the record, I tried for months to get this kind of ride on a C-Dory and finally had to buy one to fish out of it. As mentioned above, I have not for one minute regreted my decision.

Week 1 is completely booked unless I get a cancellation.
Week 2 day 2 is reserved for you.

Send me your contact information so we can pre plan and make arrangements,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: