The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - 22' Cruiser 1994/2020
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lgcoppock

City/Region: Savannah
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: N/A
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: SOLD - 22' Cruiser 1994/2020 Reply with quote

Completely restored and custom built (by Gulfstream employees) 1994 22' Cruiser. Yamaha 115 with less than 130 hrs (90% freshwater use). Way too much to list so call or email for more details but here's a brief overview. Over 50k invested new Awlgrip oyster white paint, 12k worth of new windows and rear door, windlass, new Yamaha gauges and controls, new Yamaha 2200 generator, rooftop ac, new upholstery with memory foam berth, porta potti, gas grill, custom sink, two burner gas stove, 120v refrigerator, ac invertor, 2 new 23 gallon fuel tanks, Garmin radar/gps, Fusion XM Stereo, VHF,Yamaha fuel water separator, 2 interstate batteries, fresh water shower, Seadek, LED gunnel lights, radar arch with spreader lights, remote spotlight, full canvas enclosure. Also the galley counter top has been changed to a white and grey which can be seen in the corner of one of the pics vs the darker top as shown. Trailer has new tires, bearing and lights. Located in Savannah, Ga.
Have dozens of photos but looks like I'm limited to posting only 4 and they're sideways for some reason so I'll try to figure out how to attach a photo file link or can email them directly. $54900.00
https://lgcoppock.imgbb.com/

Last edited by lgcoppock on Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks georgous but I can't believe they took the C-Dory Shear Stripe away. Shocked Embarassed

Sounds like a new boat up stairs. What is the status of the bottom, dry? Gelcoat or bottom paint. Where did they put the shower?

Best in your sale.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

lgcoppock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It has new Antifoulant bottom paint and there's an outside shower in the cockpit gunnel
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fancy galley countertop! Looks very nice.
iyaman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Eye C Fish
Photos: Eye C Fish
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only that first number is 3 instead of 5 😆. Boat looks nice.
WeekiTiki

City/Region: Weeki Wachee
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Just Cruisin'
Photos: WeekiTiki
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know my wife really wants a newer boat with the port side helm seat rather than stacking cushions in the settee.
lgcoppock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the setup and the co captain seat is extremely comfortable. Feel free to call me for many more details and since I’m new to the C Dory community I welcome all feedback on a fair asking price. I’ve owned and restored 15 Whalers over the years and know that it’s unlikely to get back what you invest in the boat no matter the quality of work and attention to detail, but that’s never the driving factors it’s more of a hobby and passion. With that said guys feel free to chime in on price. Thanks!
Nancy and Bud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
Vessel Name: Emma Mae
Photos: Emma Mae
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done restoration/conversion.

You only need to find one person willing to spend that much on a 24 year old hull. At that price, you will be competing with newer, well equipped 22's.

Good luck with the sale.

lgcoppock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price reduced 49500.00
lgcoppock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeking advice on value. Guys I’ve bought restored and sold 12-15 Boston Whalers over the years and know their values really well. This is the first Dory I’ve owned and apparently don’t know their values as well and the members here are too gracious to tell me I’m off on my price. As I mentioned in my initial post I have at least 50k invested which doesn’t mean much so I’m welcoming advice and input as to what a fair asking price is for my boat. I know this is not a high season for selling a boat and I’m not in a huge hurry but would like an idea as to a realistic selling price. Thanks in advance!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several things against you to start with.

First is location. All of the C Dory 22's on the East coast or Gulf Coast are slow to sell. Sometimes you find someone who is in the area and wants a 22. I have had to travel at least 1200 miles to buy each of the C Dory's I have owned (except the 255 which was new, and only about 200 miles away).

Second is the COVID 19, and travel. Although boats are selling well in the SE, it is boats which are near the buyer. People don't want to travel to look at or sea trial a boat.

Third, is the look of the boat. It is non conventional--the black trim around the windows, Lack of the hull colored cove stripe, and the unconventional roof line.
the camper canvas is nice but again not conventional, with no screens, and only a single bow for the Bimini top. An unusual attachment to the aft cabin bulkhead.

Fourth is the interior layout. The seats look great and comfortable, but with the loss of the dinette the boat is more like a commuter version (which had bench seats in back of the helm and navigator's seat). It appears that the only VHF radio is on the navigator's side?

Fifth, the unknown about the older hull. The paint job is very nice, and many don't appreciate the cost of Awlgrip or even the advantage of not having to wax the boat.

Sixth: the 120V refrigerator with an inverter is a bit unusual.--that might be one minor factor.

I understand why the price is what it is, because of the amount of money you spent on the boat to make it what you wanted. If It were in the low 40's to high 30's you would most likely have more action. I sold my 2006 22, with a 2006 engine, with about 400 hours, but fully tricked out, freezer & refrigerator ((12/110) new electronics, with multiple displays, etc for in the lower 30's. Your new engine certainly adds value-but it is rarely the full value of the cost of re-power. Usually about half of the cost of that repower.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Nainu

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1991
Vessel Name: Nainu
Photos: Nainu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Bob gave you some good advice. From the pictures it looks like you do quality work. I am not sure why the top of the cabin was replaced (storm damage, accident?), but I kind of like the lines with the more vertical front windows (i like tilt forward windows, like on a SeaSport Pilot, but those might look too out of place on a cruiser). While Bob may have a little issue with the black window frames, those don't cause me any trouble. I like the radar arch, which is a nice upgrade, but it looks like you need a railing on top of the cabin to hang onto going forward to the bow. Given that this is almost a new boat and you have about 50K in it, I don't doubt that this boat has a "value" of what you are asking. However, finding a buyer at that price my not be quick or easy.

First, the people on this site, and many of the buyers of C-Dories are very brand loyal, so the absence of the C-Dory stripe that identifies it as a C-Dory at a glance will be an issue to those buyers, even if only subconsciously. I don't really think this would be a big issue for most but it will affect the emotional part of buying the boat for some.

The second issue, and the more important issue by far, that you will have in selling this boat to the typical C-Dory owner is that your rebuild is somewhat incongruous. I doubt that there are very many Cruiser owners on here that do not appreciate the kitchen remodel. It is beautiful. But, unlike a Boston Whaler, the principal use of a C-Dory Cruiser is as a pocket cruiser for overnight trips - often for a couple alone, and often retired or flexibly employed (just look at who attends the C-Dory gatherings posted on here). When you took out the dinette, you took away a lot of the charm of the boat for those people. Sitting on a bench eating your evening meal is not nearly as romantic as sitting across a table. While the dinette is not particularly comfortable for traveling, it is intimate for the rest of the time. Your seat design is for fishing/travelling, not pocket cruising. Also, as someone who is always nervous at anchor, I value the dinette as convertible to a bunk. I like being able to just sit up and look out the window to confirm that I am not dragging anchor. I have also taken a couple of friends on overnight fishing or hunting trips and having three bunks makes that possible. With your design, you give up some of the flexibility that the Cruiser is known for and which makes it so popular. So you have a boat designed with seats that are more useful for day fishing and a kitchen that would be the envy of the pocket cruising fleet. It would not be hard to find a buyer that would value one of those. But, depending upon what part of the country you are in and how boats are used there, you might find it more difficult to find a buyer that values both. From my point of view, you converted this boat from a do everything pocket cruiser to a more specific purpose fishing boat. That affects value in that people looking for a specific purpose fishing boat will not necessarily be searching to find a C-Dory Cruiser, making it more difficult for the right buyer to find you.

These are just my opinions and should be taken as such - just one person's opinion. Everyone values different things in boats, as they are all compromises. Good luck finding that right buyer for your boat.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am agreeing with both of the previous 2 posts. Both Bob and Nainu have hit on some very poignant points. My first 2 comments about your boat were, "It looks gorgeous, and I can't believe you took the C-Dory trademark, shear strip away." It does not look like a C-Dory any more. You are listing it on and trying to sell to a C-Dory market here and it might sell but it will be slow and discounted for the reasons mentioned. What you have done is beautiful work an a capable boat. You might have more response on a fishing boat forum, or Craigs list, and market it as a day cruiser. I bet Jim might have been interested, before he got the party barge because of the hull, but then I don't know that for sure.

It is still a nice boat, hardy and capable, but as mention, most folks here are pocket cruiser style boaters, and though it could be done on your boat it would be a bit unhandy. It might be worth 50K to someone, and I hope you do, but you may have to wait a long time on this site to get your money back.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

lgcoppock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate and value the feedback. I thought doing away with the stripe gave it cleaner more modern lines but guess that takes away from the traditional look and with whalers and old Jeep’s I’m very much into keeping things original. Feel sure the stripe could be added for 500.00. With the 110 refrigerator my thoughts were it’s much cheaper than a 12v and I can run it off the inverter which is fed by the house battery or can be run off the new Yamaha generator or can be run off shore power and if it breaks get you can buy 3 or 4 for the price of a 22v and with the advancement of Yeti coolers etc didn’t think the need was still there for a DC fridge on a weekend cruiser. The cabin layout is definitely different but has a nice feel if you don’t need a dinette. The vhf which was mentioned is on the port side because usually my co pilot was more talkative than me lol however there is a portable vhf mounted within arms reach of the captains chair. I’m not knowledgeable enough to comment on the one bow Bimini enclosure. After I bought and restored the boat I stumbled across the original owner by happenstance and he led me to his bedroom closet where he had the original enclosure all tucked away in perfect condition with the name of a canvass shop in Washington state or Oregon (I believe and will confirm with the tag that’s still on it) so it came on that boat just had to be modified due to the different roof line. Can’t thank you guys enough for the advice. I’d be ok with high 30’s if someone is interested but good either way. Love it just selling because I’m building a house in the spring.....and have 3 other boats.
lgcoppock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting ready to build a house price REDUCED $36,900.00 912-655-1062
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: