The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

vaccination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacificcoast101 wrote:
... Merry is 72 but won't get her shot until prisoners and homeless get theirs. It's crazy in California.

I guess the trick to jump the queue is to get arrested and thrown in jail. Who says crime doesn't pay?
Pacificcoast101

City/Region: Torrance
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: No Pressure
Photos: No Pressure
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about wearing my worst clothes and hanging out in under an overpass.

Southern California Marine Life
https://www.flickr.com/photos/southern_california_marine_life/albums

My Photos
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/?pseudoid=%7bAC42A235-FD0A-464A-B559-1CC5843C95FB%7d&name=Phil+Garner&st=11&mode=0&comp=1
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my "Happy New Year", I found that folks in Granbury ,Texas are getting vaccination at the local supermarket/pharmacy. One person had already gotten the vaccine. Others were "scheduled" for Jan 24, by calling the pharmacy. Here in Pensacola, one couple was on the phone for 4 hours over a week ago, and got an appointment to get the vaccination at health dept on the 11 January.

It appears that each state has different policies. In Florida each county health dept decides what the policy is. One county announced 7 vaccination sites (such as a library) which would have 300 vaccinations each. Some elderly were lined up overnight, sleeping under comforters on folding reclining chairs. Some counties were taking appointments, some appeared to have drive in sites. There are far more people wanting vaccination than vaccine available.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It appears that each state has different policies.

There's a reason for that circumstance.

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are eligible for care at the VA.....
https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/#who-will-get-a-covid-19-vaccin

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Peter & Judy

City/Region: Olds
State or Province: AB
Vessel Name: Mistaya
Photos: Mistaya
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vaccinations are being rolled out in Canada as well. Every province is in charge of their own health care system and priorities for who's first varies somewhat. So far the roll out seems to be going smoothly, but a bit slower than everyone would like to have it. The first doses are going to frontline healthcare workers, then to those in long term care and people over 75 (first nations people can get it at 65). Most vaccinations are being done on a reservation basis, so at least initially there should be no line ups, which is good if it's 30 below. Having universal public health care streamlines the process and the last time we had a mass vaccination in 2009 with the H1N1 vaccine it went very smoothly, but there will be more people wanting this vaccine. The first load of the Moderna vaccine has arrived in the Northern territories and is being distributed to the first nations in the north that are highly vulnerable with only limited health care in remote communities. This vaccine does not need the ultra cold temperatures of the Pfizer vaccine, so is suitable for the remote locations. The Canadian armed forces are handling most of the logistics of getting the vaccine to the remotest corners of the country. My 89 year old mother who lives alone is on the waiting list and should get vaccinated soon, which will be a huge relief. I'll be much lower on the list, but that's OK as I am low risk living on my remote ranch. The Canadian government ordered over 80 million doses of vaccine for our 38 million people, so there should be lots for us and the rest will be donated to countries much poorer than ourselves. Until we get most of the people in the world, not just us rich folks in the wealthy countries, will this pandemic come to an end. Vaccinating 6 or 7 billion people will be a big feat, but that is our universal duty. Maybe then we can see what the 'New Normal' will be.

HMCB Mistaya
"Mistaya" (Grizzly Bear in Cree)
HMCB (Her Majesties Cute Boat)
Foggy

City/Region: Traverse City; Northern Lake Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Boatless in Boating Paradise
Photos: W B Nod
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is life.
Grandpa used to say, "There's always gonna be a hitch in y'ur git-along."

Though vaccine distribution is slower than anticipated, the real problem is
vaccine administration. Changing daily, a recent study found 12.4 million doses
distributed, only 2.8 million actually administered (<25%).

Realize the vaccine counts only after it is in your arm. See how your state is doing
here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/track-coronavirus-vaccine-rollout-cdc-map-states-2020-12

Hummmm. Looking into a local remedy.

Aye.
"When taking, you get. In giving, you receive."

Pacificcoast101

City/Region: Torrance
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: No Pressure
Photos: No Pressure
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I've won the lottery. I've been trying to make an appointment for Merry since they began allowing her age group. The websites have been nothing short of a nightmare of malfunctions, misinformation, and no appointments available. An hour ago I saw there were eleven spots open at the Forum in Inglewood for Saturday. I filled out the several page form and managed to score the last slot. It's the first time I've looked forward to sitting in line for hours.
smittypaddler

City/Region: Neenah, Wisconsin
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Na Waqa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: 78 with chf and no vaccination Reply with quote

I'm 78 with congestive heart failure, so I figured to be at the front of the queue after first responders, medical staff, and essential workers, but I can't even get my provider to schedule an appointment. Of course I live in Wisconsin which has the lowest injection rate of any of the 4 adjacent states, and there are 43 states with a better rate than ours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange how different this process is in different areas of the country. I can't tell you why this is so, could be many things I guess, but my wife's and my experience here in Skagit County (northwestern Washington state) could hardly be more different.

Skagit County announced its program for seniors about 2 weeks ago. Sign ups were announced to begin on Jan 19th, and vaccinations on Jan 26th. Being 75 years old, I was selfishly disappointed when our Governor (Insley) announced on Jan 25th that the eligible senior group age would immediately drop from 70 to 65. I figured, crap, an even bigger line now! Well, I signed up on that first day (1/19), and easily got appointments for the first day of vaccinations (1/26). When we got there, there were no lines and lots of volunteers to assist you at every step (where to park, where to go, how to sign in, where to wait, who to go to to get the shot, a little sticker that gave you the clock time of when your mandatory 15 wait for adverse reactions was up, how to drive out of the fairgrounds). I'm nearly positive there were more volunteers than patients. There was no wait at any stage whatsoever. We were one of the last to be vaccinated that day, and it was clear to me that plenty of ready-to-go shots in their syringes were still available.

And here's the kicker......when you signed up on the well designed, well functioning Skagit County website, there was a little counter at the bottom of the screen where you input all your personal data that displays in realtime the number of still available appointment slots. You can actually watch the number of available slots count down as you fill in the blanks on that web page.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can actually watch the number of available slots count down as you fill in the blanks on that web page.

Interesting--and perhaps frustrating as you watch the sites go away!

We had a good experience with our Public Health Service. I was notified by Gulf Coast John, that the web site for sign ups had gone "live". I was on the site probably within 5 minutes. The country used "Survey Monkey". all the information needed was name, Date of Birth, phone number and address. About the 8th of January, I got a phone call that I had an appointment on the next Saturday. I asked if Marie could have that appointment, since I had one the next Monday thru a hospital. Marie was on the list, so we both should come at 8;45 AM. (I canceled the apt thru the hospital). We both filled out the e-mailed consent forms before leaving the house, The health dept had 20 stations, no waiting. Check in--gave paperwork to national guard, waited, and left. Total time less than an hour--wth 30 minute waiting period.

Apparently now most of the vaccinations are given thru Publix Markets Pharmacy. The problem is that there is one web site for the entire state of Florida--and it crashes regularly....

My daughter (a teacher whose is teaching in the class room for a private school in Brentwood area of LA), got her vaccination at Dodger stadium--took about 2 hours. Another friend who is in a assisted living in San Juan Capistrano got theirs at the facility given by CVS. Nothing consistent.
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoLee & I got our first shot the 22nd of January here at the in Cokeville medical clinic. 1/2 hour from leaving home to having shot & back home. We didn’t have any paperwork untill arriving at the clinic & the scheduled appointment was done by phone.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a text message from the VA with a phone number to call. I called the number and the lady asked, "can you come tomorrow at 1:30?". I went, got the shot, sat in observation for 15 minutes, and got my second shot scheduled for Feb. 12 at 1:30. Thank you VA.
Edwin

City/Region: Edmonton
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Lady C
Photos: LADY C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Americans can count there blessings now concerning vaccine production.
50 years ago Canada was a leader in vaccine production but over the years our leaders deemed it acceptable to sell our vaccine production facilities to England and France and let them produce the stuff for us
This privatization of our industry has left us totally dependent on other countries at this time. Not a good position to be in when nobody is inclined to share. We ordered lots of vaccines but now we are on the waiting list.
Americans have vaccinated approximately 25 million so far and we are a little over 800 thousand. We will have to be more patient than our neighbors to the south.
Ed
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife's Joanie's 97 year-old mother that is in assisted care in Maricopa county in AZ, has no idea when she'll get her vaccine nor does my wife's repeated calls to the assisted care management come up with any idea on when or even if her mother will get the vaccine. However the county has announced vaccines will now be given down to age 65.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: