The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Repower
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a good point Harvey. I spent many hours as air attack supervisor over some of the larger fires in CA and OR in a single engine aircraft this past summer, in some very complex airspace. This was with one of the most reliable turbine engines made, the Pratt and Whitney PT6. Even though it is a highly reliable power plant, the pilot always had a plan for landing if an engine failure occurred.

I think I’m talking myself into keeping the Tohatsu.
letitride

City/Region: San Jose
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: No Limits
Photos: Letitride
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Honda's (keep it serviced....and they just keep working perfectly all the time...), been running them on the last 3 20+ft boats.

Honda 75hp 20ft Bayrunning no problems ~5years
Honda 90hp 22 Cruiser ~no problems ~10 years

killed the 2008 Honda 150hp running back from Avalon (salt water got into the heads from a hole in the cooling system, ran ~20 miles back had to disable the alarm, took the mechanics 3 weeks to find the hole in the head, guess I had a defective head design, heard stories of similar failures from ~2008 motors or the previous owner did not properly wash the motor after using in salt water, I think it was the previous owners neglect he was very old and didn't wash the motor as required....) repowered it with another Honda in 2016 on the 25ft cruiser already at 350hrs still running great.....and loving every minute!!

My oldest motor and boat is a Merc 25 2 stroke from around ~1976 still running perfectly starts on the 2nd pull and has never left me stranded the Merc is on a Welded Alumn Klamath 16ft Skiff, just ran this yesterday in SF Bay works great ~44years old....

Small motors:

2020 Honda 2.3hp & old Honda 2hp (clutch stuck bolts stripped but still runs LOL) and Suzuki 2.5hp (just finished rebuilding it has issues but runs some times) these are for the different dinghy's, the Honda 2.3hp is my favorite light weight motor and easy to clean...it just works....when I NEED IT

2019 Merc 9.9 electric start with a very small motorcycle battery for the dinghy while at Avalon for longer durations so the ladies can start it....I like ti but need to use a davit to get it onto the dinghy

I will be repowering again with another Honda....when the time comes!

SUGGEST YOU GET A NEW HR METER GUAGE, that's what I do

Enjoy,
Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: