The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Thanks for the add

View previous topic :: View next topic  
B95054

City/Region: Maple Ridge
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Thanks for the add Reply with quote

Hello all.
I have read through the forums and recognize that this is a really good group. One day day in the near future we will be proud owners of a C Dory - as soon as we find the right one. We previously had a Bayliner 2859 but the costs and commitments of owning and operating did not align with our needs. The more I look into C Dory, the more it looks like the right boat for us.
I am looking forward to learning from this group and hopefully being able to contribute as well.

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the add Reply with quote

B95054 wrote:
Hello all.
I have read through the forums and recognize that this is a really good group. One day day in the near future we will be proud owners of a C Dory - as soon as we find the right one. We previously had a Bayliner 2859 but the costs and commitments of owning and operating did not align with our needs. The more I look into C Dory, the more it looks like the right boat for us.
I am looking forward to learning from this group and hopefully being able to contribute as well.

Welcome! Avoid the 2-3 footitis & get a 25 Laughing
any/all of them are great boats Thumbs Up
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the add Reply with quote

tsturm wrote:
... Welcome! Avoid the 2-3 footitis & get a 25 Laughing
any/all of them are great boats Thumbs Up

We have a 22. After a couple of years, We started looking seriously for a 25. In the process we realized that we are quite happy with the 22 and decided not to go bigger.
B95054

City/Region: Maple Ridge
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha - Been there and done that on the 2 footitis. I would love to go larger and larger but wow do costs of ownership ever increase quickly when you start having to store/moor a boat. On our 28' Bayliner between moorage, haulout, annual maintenance etc. it cost us nearly $10,000 CAD every year before we even turned the key. And then it burned 1 liter/minute at cruising speed. That is just too much money for the amount of use that we got from it.
We are now headed in the other direction back to trailerable boats.
As nice as the 25 looks, sitting on a trailer it would take up almost my entire 30 foot long driveway and would exceed my GMC Sierra's 4800 lb towing capacity. So I would end up paying for storage and upgrading my truck.
The 22 and 23 are the perfect fit for budget and available resources.
But then again - given my weakness for boats you are probably right and I will likely catch the 2 footitis bug one day again in the future...……..I sure wish I was not so weak when it comes to discipline and boats Smile
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the 25 and 22 are very nice boats. Choosing which one is better will be a personal choice. Some days I really wish I had a 25 and others I'm very pleased I only have a 22. Either boat will get you out and back safely and are a ton of fun.
Desert Dory

City/Region: Tucson
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Desert Dory
Photos: Desert Dory
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when we were still dreaming of a C-Dory we took a drive up to Phoenix to check out a 22 for sale up there. The owner had bought a 25 so he was selling the 22. (he's a member here. SUPER nice guy and HEY! Ikea is right on the way too).

After crawling around the 22 for a bit he asked us if we wanted to take a look at the 25. Now, 3 feet might not seem like much of a step up but that 25 was HUGE compared to the 22. Freaking MONSTER!!! It was nice though.

I think about the 25 from time to time but the 22 seems to fit us pretty well. I think we'll be happy with it for quite some time.
C-Val

City/Region: White Rock
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Seaduced
Photos: C-Val
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am like everyone else here.
I want to upgrade to a 25’, but I also want a newer boat and a new truck to pull it all!
Guess I just have to subdue all those “wants” for now!
Part of the culture of this club is being satisfied with simple.
Sometimes I have to remind myself of that!
For now it’s another weekend with my 1988 angler.
Was fun dreaming though!

1988 22' Angler
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each his own. I never wanted a 25. Love my 22 Cruiser, and am very happy with that. But then, I have not won the lottery either Rolling Eyes

As mentioned, either will get you out and back safely but the 25 is not just 3 fewet longer. It is twice as heavy, double the space, and only 3 feet longer.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: