View previous topic :: View next topic  
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Spot shrimp to open again! (again?) Reply with quote

Yep. Normally I support the WDFW without complaint since I figure they are motivated to protect the health of the fishery. Everybody can make mistakes. But this year I have to admit that there has been a great deal of flip-flopping. So now I have to remove all my crusing gear and put the shrimping gear back on that I just removed a month ago Rolling Eyes.

-----------------------------

Marine Area 6 (Port Angeles Harbor, eastern Strait of Juan de Fuca, excluding the Discovery Bay Shrimp District): Aug. 12, 13, and then Aug. 15 and 16. Daylight hours.

Marine Area 7 East (northern Rosario Strait, Bellingham Bay, Sucia and Matia islands, Strait of Georgia): Aug. 12, 13, and then Aug. 15 and 16. Daylight hours.

Marine Area 7 West (San Juan Channel, Speiden Channel, Stuart and Waldron islands): Aug. 12, 13, and then Aug. 15, 16, and then again Aug. 20, 21, 22, and 23. Daylight hours.

Marine Area 9 (Edmonds, Port Townsend Bay, Admiralty Inlet): Open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Aug. 12.

P.S. Tides look pretty favorable on many of these days.

Devonaire

City/Region: Baker City
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C Ration
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I just got back from up there. Hadn't checked, shrimp pot stayed in the truck, crabbing wasn't bad. Went up to Sucia and Patos Islands. Had a good trip. 8 days. Just looked around mostly. Waldron, Orcas, Shaw and Lopez. Friday Harbor for Ice cream. Fish and chips at Herbs with a Guinness. Maybe I'll come up and get some Shrimp.
Thanks for the post.
Devon
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Damn I just got back from up there. Hadn't checked, shrimp pot stayed in the truck.....

You didn't miss anything. Spot shrimping has been closed for weeks. This latest opening doesn't start until this coming week. Even if you had known, which you couldn't have, your shrimp pot would have stayed in the truck Wink .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: