View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipwagon

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sam 'n Leo
Photos: Sam 'n Leo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Marinaut Cape Cruiser 26 For Sale Reply with quote

Not mine, but may interest someone here. Very clean looking package but price seems high for 2007 boat and engine. https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/blaine-26-marinaut-cape-cruiser/7170879652.html

Am I right that this is exactly the same as a C-dory 26 Venture?

srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair,
You are correct...C-Dory builds this same boat and calls it the Venture 26. If interested, there is an interesting back story about the 07' and 08' Cape Cruiser 23 and 26.

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it seems on the expensive side--appears to be in great shape with low engine hours. I am not sure if the "Marinaut" Cape Cruiser would really apply, since the Marinaut line is the 215/220 which was more associated with Less Lampson, than with the Tolands, who did the Cape Cruiser line....
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cape Cruiser made two models: the 23 Venture and the 26 Marinaut. Both were Toland designs. The molds for both of those went to C-Dory when Cape Cruiser was put out of business as the result of a lawsuit. The current C-Dory builder calls both models Venture.

I don't know if it was part of the lawsuit, or not, but the name "Marinaut" apparently did not go to C-Dory. The Marinuat name re-emerged in the 215/220 models built by the Marinaut company the arose some time after the demise of Cape Cruiser.

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice boat. Well equipped and seems to be in great condition. Unfortunately the seller has priced it the way most doting owners do, too high. I'd say that's a $60k to $65k rig. Maybe a tad more since its the PNW.

When you add high dollar items like down riggers, kicker motors , a dinghy and upgraded electronics etc it doesn't necessarily add value to the boat when selling. It's a hard pill to swallow! Ive dealt with it so many times when selling my boats! Lol

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
thataway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cape Cruiser made two models: the 23 Venture and the 26 Marinaut.

Thank you for correcting this for me. I had seen some of the early 26's produced by the Tolands labeled "Ventures"--but they were called "Marinaut" 26 when produced.
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
Nice boat. Well equipped and seems to be in great condition. Unfortunately the seller has priced it the way most doting owners do, too high. I'd say that's a $60k to $65k rig. Maybe a tad more since its the PNW.

When you add high dollar items like down riggers, kicker motors , a dinghy and upgraded electronics etc it doesn't necessarily add value to the boat when selling. It's a hard pill to swallow! Ive dealt with it so many times when selling my boats! Lol

It's beautiful for sure. 100k is a lot for an old boat, even a really nice old boat. I have no idea what he will get, but they are probably going to be holding onto it for long time as it will take the right buyer - one that sees the value in all the accessories and the wonderful condition the boat is in. The bottom paint makes it worth a lot less in my opinion - because that means it probably sat in the water at the marina and not on the trailer in the garage.
thataway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The bottom paint makes it worth a lot less in my opinion - because that means it probably sat in the water at the marina and not on the trailer in the garage.

I don't agree with bottom paint always meaning that the boat was in the water. I bottom paint all of my boats because in Florida growth will occur in a week, yet the only time the boat is in the water on trips--which may be up to a month in length. I am more concerned with corrosion in an outboard than with actually the hull being in the water. As long as the engine is flushed regularly with fresh water and kept out of the salt in the interim, there is rarely an issue.

A Birch Bay boat, probably Pat Anderson would recognize this boat and know how much time it was in the water.
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with it either 100% of the time about the bottom paint, but you don't put it on there for nothing...lol....And it's not only the hull that I am concerned about, it's everything. The moisture, sun, salt, and it all takes its toll eventually sitting in a slip in comparison with sitting in a covered climate controlled building. With that particiular boat, I wouldn't be too concerned as that owner is obviously very meticulous. Nor would I be worried about buying a boat from Bob, as he knows what he is doing and has a couple years of experience in this stuff.
johnr

City/Region: Bellingham
Vessel Name: Stillwater
Photos: Surf Scoter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at this boat today. It's on a trailer right now, not in the water. It really is in amazing condition. The motors are original, but with only 280 hours. It was owned by an engineer who passed, and it looks like it was owned by an engineer; every wire labeled, a place for everything and everything in its place. The boat was kept typically kept in the water during the summer season and then on land for the rest of the year.

I cannot think of a thing that I would have to change, clean, fix, modify or add to this boat or trailer. It's all there and ready to go. I understand that $89K for a 2007 is steep and I probably won't pay that, but if someone did, I don't think that they would feel like they got a bad deal.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Quote:
The bottom paint makes it worth a lot less in my opinion - because that means it probably sat in the water at the marina and not on the trailer in the garage.

I don't agree with bottom paint always meaning that the boat was in the water. I bottom paint all of my boats because in Florida growth will occur in a week, yet the only time the boat is in the water on trips--which may be up to a month in length. I am more concerned with corrosion in an outboard than with actually the hull being in the water. As long as the engine is flushed regularly with fresh water and kept out of the salt in the interim, there is rarely an issue.

A Birch Bay boat, probably Pat Anderson would recognize this boat and know how much time it was in the water.

I totally agree with Bob. I put off bottom painting my boat for years -- well documented here on the site-- and finally did early this Spring, with plans for being on the water for much of the summer and fall, BUT, as happens, plans change, COVID came along, BC boarder is closed, and self isolating has become the new normal - for some of us. There will not be a trip to Tennessee this fall, or maybe even Hontoon in the spring, so, My bottom paint has been hing and dry on the boat, on the trailer, in inside, secure storage for W A Y to long. That paint is on there for use, not storage on the water. And expected life time of the paint at my normal use level is about 4 years. This may stretch it to 5.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: