The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Specs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dj25cd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Specs Reply with quote

We are looking for a C Dory 25 cruiser. I'm curious about how comfortable the forward berth is. Is there plenty of room for two people?

Also, I have not been able to find any specs on the capacity of the black water tank. Can someone let me know what it is?

Thanks
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I (both average size people) and a cat stayed on our boat for up to 6 months at a time. We found the V-berth to be very comfortable, especially after adding a memory foam pad.

There were different heads used over the years. I can only speak of the Sealand Marine/RV (Traveler) toilet, and that unit has an integral 9.5 gallon tank. We found with judicious use of the fresh water flush (I put a ball valve on the water line) we would get 5 to 7 days with the two of us, including using land based potty occasionally, when available.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am (was) 6'2" and 180#--wife is about 5'8"--plenty of room. for us and one miniature poodle.

My son also has a 25 and is 6'4" and in the mid 200's--and is OK sleeping in the V berth.

We also put a memory foam topper on top of the factory material-it does make the bunk a little wider because of the flare of the hull. We find it very comfortable and don't stay aboard as long as Jim and Joan, but we have no problem with a month.

The older boats have about a 25 gallon holding tank aft. About 2006 they started using the sea Land 9 1/2 gallon tank. It depends on how you use it--but we could get a week between pump outs. Now we have a composting head. The urine is disposed of every few days, and the solid materials when we get home--I would say it would last several months, but we use shoreside facilities when available.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: