The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

various 22 Cruiser measurements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatfishfool

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Photos: Herringbone
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: various 22 Cruiser measurements Reply with quote

Hi all, I am finally back in the boating business with a recent purchase of 22' CD cruiser. I am not yet in possession of the boat so can't measure things, but naturally I am already scheming and ordering parts for customizing how I want. I have searched around a bit and not found these answers too clearly so figured I would ask -- someone who has easy access to their boat may be able to get these without much trouble:

1. what is the diameter of the SS roof and back of house grab rails?
2. what is the height of the SS roof rail above the roof (from the roof surface they are mounted on to top of horizontal tube)?
3. how much above the top of the SS roof rail tube does the raised roof extend? It looks like maybe a few inches?
4. what is the total width of the rooftop at it's widest point, more or less? 6'?
5. what are the dimensions of the bare floor/hallway inside the house, not including the porta-potty alcove? Looks like maybe 2'W x 6.5L'?

Mine is a 2001 model but unless anyone knows differently for sure I am ok assuming the measurements are the same for years after the introduction of the SS rails.

Thanks much for any info.
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2007 when they switched to the fiberglass interior the hallway dimensions changed. The rooftop is probably different from the standard top to the high top. Can’t tell you if they used a template or just said that looks pretty close. You might be disappointed if you make things off of others dimension only to find out they don’t quite match.

jkidd

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the tubing diameter is 7/8”
jkidd

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the roof to the top of the rail is 2-1/2” but mine is a high top so the roof is higher than the rails.
C-Green

City/Region: Houghton
State or Province: MI
Vessel Name: C-Green
Photos: C-Green
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2002 cd-22 cruiser with high top
What you asked for plus some:
1. 7/8 inch dia
2. 2.5 inches
3. 4.75 inches at edge next to handrail, 5.75 inches at center line of roof (arched roof top)
4. 6 ft - 3/8 inch (straight roof edges - no variation)
5. 6 ft - 3.25 inches (my bilge is off to starboard not a center line in-cabin box as some have) x 26.75 inches forward and 26.5 inches most of the way - note the foot pump sticks into the aisle about 7/8 inch

Anticipating what you may want these dimensions for, here is more than you asked for

Roof dimensions - a Yakima gutter-mount rack fits well. With the 3.5 inch tower extensions you have 4' clearance at the center line of the roof. You could get away without the towers but that leaves only a 1/2 inch under the cross bar with what ever is on the rack possibly scuffing the roof if it is curved down or sags down. You will need to bend the gutter clamps some. The wrench to tighten up the whole affair needs serious bending because the high top gets in the way but a hammer and vice make easy work of that.

Aisle dimensions - the hall runner rugs you get at big box home improvement stores by the foot are a good fit. Dull dark colored ones with latex backing are a good tight fit but boring and gloomy and latex starts turning to dust at year 2. Rugs with bound edges are a little shy on the width but a lot more pleasing visually. The rug can easily be scrunched over at the foot pump (or the latex easily cut). Make sure to take a tape to check dimensions as the specified widths are usually less than the finished widths.
flatfishfool

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies all around and for detailed measurements. You figured me out - rack and flooring. I appreciate the Yakima insights for a roof rack. I may end up going that route but am interested in exploring alternatives first. There are examples of other approaches to be found around C-Brats (some elegant and some very custom $$$ and some more on the practical and low cost side). I have a few leads on railing hardware I'm looking at that might work and make for an overall lighter solution. If/when I pull something together or have a potential design I will share. To pivot to the flooring topic, anyone put dridek inside the house? Curious if when snapped together if it will follow the contour of the floor? I understand it may hurt on bare feet but we don't do a lot of bare footing. Also considering a runner or perhaps rubber matting.
flatfishfool

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Green, your Yak roof pictures are the best/detailed/closest up I have seen. Thanks.
C-Green

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dridek in the cockpit & no contour issues on the C-Dory floor cooled by cold Lake Superior waters - yes, hard on bare feet. Very flexible when in the sun on a warm day (that's too flexible but that's only a day or three/year on Lake Superior) but I would guess (almost guarantee) still flexible enough to match the aisle contour when on a C-Dory floor cooled by cold AK waters.

Jay
C-Green

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the pictures were of use. You are very welcome.

Jay
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up the Dri-deck for cockpit and cabin hall flooring. Yup, flexible, maybe 3 days a year. Easy to clean, and keep the feet dry. Not that hard on bare feet. My Dri-deck has lasted 15 years, and still going strong.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: