The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - Hull 14 of 14 BUILT 18' ANGLER REFURBISHED $17K
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillE

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: BillE
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 18 seems to me to be a good size, roomier and more stable than the 16s but not nearly as heavy as the 19. But I have no idea what is profitable to be built and sold these days. So glad that it sold so I won't be tempted anymore!
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks that say one of the best days of boat ownership simply bought the wrong boat or were sold the wrong boat at a boat show because that's the boat they had and needed to move rather than getting the correct boat for the intended use. Well, had to pull over a time or two driving home from Anderson Marine where I met Saltwater... as high tide had hit my eyeballs and I could not see to drive. Many of you had the pleasure to meet my mother, Norma Jean during one of our C-Brat gatherings around the Seattle Boat Show years back. Yep, she was that small very spirited lady doing the "TITANIC" on the bow of the Argosy tour boat we were on. You have to understand it was not a bright sunny day...but the Seattle Silver sky was shedding a bit of moisture. I was getting Mom and me another Crown n Water as folks were running towards the bow as "some crazy ass woman is doing the TITANIC on the bow" I simply grinned as I had a gut feeling I knew exactly who it was. Spot on. Folks laughing, taking pictures, laughing some more. Well Mom had a zest for laughing, traveling, laughing, helping folks and loved a bunch of folks all gathered up having fun on the waters. Perfect for our C-Brat crowds and gatherings.
I said all that to get to this...as we loved taking C-Byrd out on cool/cold fall days as the professional bass tournament fishermen "practiced" for the weekend tournaments. I dumped 3-4 bags of cleaned sand in the helm area so we could be barefooted and our feet in the sand. Little Buddy heater pumping out heat keeping our temp in the boat about 65 as the weather outside in low 40s... Frank Sinatra playing on the music box. She instructed me to pull aside of the fishermen all covered up in the misty rain, full face helmets waiting for their heads as they traveled 50+ mph …. she would slide the window back and ask... Excuse me Sir...do you have any Grey Poupon??? Many laughs... and then she would toss them a tester bottle of Crown. So maybe the C of C-Byrd was for Crown?
I felt better knowing Saltwater had tracked this hull thru its refurbishing, a couple of C-Brat gatherings, sold her, bought her back, brought her to WA and brought her back to TN. He is the perfect man and owner for hull # 14. Once he sent me pics of his refurbished Camaro, and me knowing he knew this was not just any blow n go boat, but a special gem of a boat it helped encourage me to allow her to go. Then as he approached her for the time and smacked her rock solid gunnels with a deep thud and a then sore hand and his eyes light up like a kid in a candy shop.... I thought well here she goes. It excites me Saltwater understands what a special boat he has. He has the same excitement as I had the day SENSIE re-routed me with a call on I-10 during Katrina relief work to FL...telling me one of us had just bought a boat. He said go get it quick as its a rare 18' Angler. So... pruning sheers to cut the thorny bushes who had grown thru the rotted, wind damaged roof of the "shed" she was under...totally consumed by the bush.. I cut a bit, hooked her up, pulled her out to open air and went directly to the VIN number. Yep, a rare 18 Angler she was. At that point I knew I had found a Gem of a hull. Calling the factory knowing I had hull 14 I wanted to know how many had been made. 14 of them. His excitement and joy matched mine. It was sad to see her go but at the same time great to see such a knowledgeable man pull her away with completing the refurbish job on her and give her the love she deserves. I guess that's what fathers feel like when they hand off their daughters for marriage.
Awesome. Now,.... time for me to get back up to the PNW and transfer my love to that awesome 22 Angler I have in a barn all wrapped up in a tarp waiting for my return. Happy tears. Great boats. Great times of our lives.
Cheers!

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Many of you had the pleasure to meet my mother, Norma Jean during one of our C-Brat gatherings around the Seattle Boat Show years back. Yep, she was that small very spirited lady doing the "TITANIC" on the bow of the Argosy tour boat we were on. You have to understand it was not a bright sunny day...but the Seattle Silver sky was shedding a bit of moisture.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harvey. I appreciate your help on posting. A bit of dust on my C-Brat site abilities.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome my friend.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: