The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

engine hour meter is clicky and busted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmcminn

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1992
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Polū
Photos: bmcminn
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: engine hour meter is clicky and busted Reply with quote

The engine hour meter isn't working correctly. It wasn't working at all, I removed it and gave it a little shake, I heard the spring release as the number rolled forward, and after putting it back it worked for a while with a click on the 100s roll, and then stopped after running for about 30 minutes.

The motor is a few years old, but only has about 45 hours on it and that's all since last summer.

We just got the boat back from a shop doing a lot of glass work. I think they got both sides of this thing kinda wet while cleaning up.

Anything to do besides just buy a new one? OEM ones aren't cheap...

Also how do I get a new one to the correct hours? Hooking it up to a battery directly seems like a good way to burn up $100 or so.
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bmcminn,
Faria Company makes gauges for most boat manufactures. You can go on eBay and buy a replacement in white, or search and there are some white gauges as low as $15. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Faria-Boat-Hour-Meter-Gauge-MH0143A-Euro-SS-White-Analog-2-Inch/193351242927?hash=item2d04a1d4af:g:8bUAAOSw1W9eTX77

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: engine hour meter is clicky and busted Reply with quote

bmcminn wrote:
The engine hour meter isn't working correctly. It wasn't working at all, I removed it and gave it a little shake, I heard the spring release as the number rolled forward, and after putting it back it worked for a while with a click on the 100s roll, and then stopped after running for about 30 minutes.

The motor is a few years old, but only has about 45 hours on it and that's all since last summer.

We just got the boat back from a shop doing a lot of glass work. I think they got both sides of this thing kinda wet while cleaning up.

Anything to do besides just buy a new one? OEM ones aren't cheap...

Also how do I get a new one to the correct hours? Hooking it up to a battery directly seems like a good way to burn up $100 or so.

Wright the correct hrs and a + on the dash next to the new gage
Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: