The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Pre FH-CBGT Cruise, May 10-14, 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Pre FH-CBGT Cruise, May 10-14, 2020 Reply with quote

Pre FH-CBGT Cruise, May 10-14, 2020

Ok, so you have a boat. What's it good for. Just happens that one of my favorite uses is to travel, (cruise) with friends, and if their boat looks a little like mine, that's even better. With that in mind, I am planning on meeting with any that are interested, in the "PreCBGT" Cruise on Sunday, May 10 at the Coronet Bay State Park.

I will be at the dock there for the day, stay that night, (it is a Washington State Marine Park) and leave the next morning, (Monday), to spend some time in Deception Pass, take time for some photo ops, and then across Rosario Strait, and stay at a state park dock there. Maybe James Island, or Deer Park, or both depending on the size of the group, for Monday night. Then off to Sucia Island, Fossil Bay dock for Tuesday night. Wednesday we head west for a look around Turn Point, on Stuart Island and then into Reid Harbor for the night there. Thursday morning we will head to Roche Harbor with a peak at Harro Strait and around Henry Island, coming into Roche via Mosquito Pass. There should be time for fueling and lunch at Roche if interested, then we head down to Friday Harbor to tie to the dock and do sit down visiting for a few days.

Anyone interested is welcome. Launching anytime Sunday is good. There is parking available, and it has been good, with a state park volunteer host on site, (camped there). Monday, unless you are planning a pre daylight launch, you will probably, ahhh miss the boat.

The cruising will be mostly short distances, with varying speeds and timing to take advatage of the best slack water time for Deception Pass. The docks will all be State Park docks* so a WA Marine Pass is encouraged, especially if you will be at park docks more than 7 nights. The routing and timing are subject to weather, and whim of the leader, but the plan is to give a short introduction to PNW boating in the chuck, intro to the state park marine system, and provide some time for photos, practice, and comfort in the vessels and procedures. After all, it is your boat, you should be able to enjoy it comfortably.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

* There may be opportunity to stop at a non-park marina, but overnighting is planned to be on a park dock.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome, Harvey - I'll join you along w/my brother in the Nordic.

And, we're planning on heading north up into Canadian waters after FH. Probably for another 2+ weeks. I'll start up another thread for anyone interested in that.

Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harvey,
This sounds great. Plan on C Sharp with Joanie & I on board meeting up with the group on Sucia or Stuart Island wherever you all will be on Tuesday evening. Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait. Also, looking forward to being part of the floatilla cruising through Mosquito Pass!
SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunns are ALL IN.
hardee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. For all. Looking forward to it. Should be a fun time with great folks enjoying great boats.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Harvey, good idea! You've reeled in a few so far and you'll catch more before you cast off May 10th. Provided it's not too windy, I'd like to be out and about that weekend and join the flotilla for the day on Sunday. Then back to work, and join y'all at Friday Harbor Thursday.
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Hey, Harvey, good idea! You've reeled in a few so far and you'll catch more before you cast off May 10th. Provided it's not too windy, I'd like to be out and about that weekend and join the flotilla for the day on Sunday. Then back to work, and join y'all at Friday Harbor Thursday.

Brock, Would love to see you on the water there. As the plan goes now I am likely to be either on the dock at Coronet or at least within vhf range. Might be in the neighborhood of a certain Nordic 26, depending on the timing.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Harvey. Sounds like a blast.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, It Will Be A Blast. You should come out and join us. It would be great to get to meet and swap some good stories.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
hardee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some charts and options today. Looking for some optionial activities, just for kicks. I was thinking since most of our times would be going to a dock, maybe we should take a lunch stop at anchor for something different. Also, we could take the Swinomish Channel, especially if there is a weather issue.

At least that can be a back-up route IF . . . .

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, we are glad that Swinomish Channel exists. Last year we had to turn back from trying to cross Rosario Strait to Deception Pass when it blew up badly. We took the Swinomish Channel and made it to Everett safely for our trip home.
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, this sounds wonderful. Mary and I can’t make our extended summer cruising up there this summer, but your plan may just allow us to do some beautiful spring cruising with c-brats friends.

We’ve never used the launch ramp you are discussing so know little about it, other than the environmental aspects. It sounds like we might be able to keep our trailer and tow vehicle parked in the lot for the entire trip, including the time at FH. So for ~8 or 9 days straight. Is this correct??

Rob
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobMcClain wrote:
Harvey, this sounds wonderful. Mary and I can’t make our extended summer cruising up there this summer, but your plan may just allow us to do some beautiful spring cruising with c-brats friends.

We’ve never used the launch ramp you are discussing so know little about it, other than the environmental aspects. It sounds like we might be able to keep our trailer and tow vehicle parked in the lot for the entire trip, including the time at FH. So for ~8 or 9 days straight. Is this correct??

Rob

Rob, Yes you should be able to. I have friends who have used the parking there for a couple weeks or so. There is a parking fee, which, I believe is $5. Before trip time I will confirm that price.

Also, if anyone is interested in avoiding the Seattle drive, (like coming up I-5), and would want to launch from Sequim, I may have parking available there too. It will be away from the marina, so some transportation is required, but it is low key, out of traffic, and reliably safe. There will be a fee there too, and I will try and get that and post it soon also. It is not at my place, but at a friends.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI,
The parking fee at the parking lot Cornet Bay State Park boat launch is $10 per day. The launch fee is $7.00.
If you are launching on Sunday, May 10, afternoon should be good as most people fishing for ling cod and shrimp will be finishing up then. It can be a little busy though as they are coming in.
If it were me, I would shoot for launching after 3 pm or early evening.
Harvey is correct, I have never seen a time limit on that.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, Thanks for the up-date there. Good info to know.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: