The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

question without judgement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
State or Province: CA
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: question without judgement Reply with quote

Hi all, I started the subject line so no one PLEASE think I am criticizing this site.
I had a 19 angler for a short 2 years (currently own but for sale through a broker/yard) and have enjoyed and been informed greatly by this site and all of you. Thank you. I actually will continue to go here as I find it to be a nice site to visit. I actually purchased a new "striper" 20 ft. walk around. They, like you guys, have a site for striper owners. s.o.c. striper owners club. sea striper.com. It appears to be a great site for striper owners. Here is my question... The format that they use for posting pictures was a simple one click upload. I am not at all savvy with computers and it was so simple to do. Just an idea or an observation but maybe worth looking at for this site? Like I said, I know nothing about any of this so I am not putting anyone down.

Richard
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One truly great feature of this site is each owner can have an album - the images are archived in one place. It isn't tough to post images here: put them in your album, bring up the photo, get the image address (one click with a Mac, I think it is a right click with those other computers), and put it into your post.

If you use a third party site to host images (like Imgur), it is even easier: pull up your image and click on the appropriate usage - what you need to post the image is saved on your device and you simply paste. Done.

Think of it like learning to drive any particular boat: you have to learn how to operate it. When you have it down, you do it without thinking (too much) about it.

Good luck with your new boat.
Pacificcoast101

City/Region: Torrance
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: No Pressure
Photos: No Pressure
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post on a few scuba bulletin boards. One uses an old code that makes posting photos very difficult if you're not used to navigating through the code. Another updated a few years ago and is the easiest site I am on to post photos. You can upload them directly into your post from your computer without using an image code or having a gallery. You can also simply copy/paste photos from somewhere else. You can also post the url of a video from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc and have the video show up in your post. You can't do that here.

I still enjoy each board despite their differences. I read C-Brats every day even though it takes a few moves to post photos here. I've seen many boards come and go so I will enjoy my favorites as long as I can.

Southern California Marine Life
https://www.flickr.com/photos/southern_california_marine_life/albums

My Photos
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/?pseudoid=%7bAC42A235-FD0A-464A-B559-1CC5843C95FB%7d&name=Phil+Garner&st=11&mode=0&comp=1
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like paper charts vs. GPS chart plotter. You must adapt

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Striper, I had an 18 footer walkaround once, with a 150 Johnson. I really liked that boat. Things I liked on it; standing at the helm, the cockpit jumpseats that came with it, the 50 gallon tank under the flat deck. Things I didn't like, the decal of a swordfish and the word "Striper" on the hull, the thin fiberglass that the sun could shine thru, the carpeted bulkheads in the cutty, and the patterned upholstery on the seats. It was a fast fun little boat, and a lot of boat for the money. Enjoy.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what Richard is saying. I'm not going to lie. There has been more than a few times I've reverted to my sailor talk while trying to "gangload" more than 5 photos at a time. And I think the sysops are very aware of that issue as well. That being said, I still love this site and wouldn't give it up just because of the photo upload issue. I do sometimes wonder if it would be easier on DaNag and Tyboo, if this was all done via a Facebook Groups page. (But I bet there are many here that want nothing to do with Facebook, nor do we want to give control up to Mark Zuckerberg! Mr. Green ) Anyway, many thanks and much appreciation to those that keep this site going!!! Colby
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted there can be simpler methods of posting photos. But there are some many other features which this site/server has.

Most of the "issues" of the photo posting in the galleries, seem to stem from photos which are too large files. If you pare down, or keep the file size small, they upload quickly. The other issue, seems to be with advertising blockers.

I would strongly object to Facebook pages. They would not represent the group well, even if photos were much easier to post. There would not be the easy search, the archives, and the site would be way too "public".. Just my opinion.d

I had a 20' Grady White "Weekender" walk around--very similar to the Striiper 20--even came with a 150 Honda--which was shot, and I put a 225 on it--got over 50 mph. Great boat for rough water and offshore fishing--not so good for sleeping overnight, bay fishing, and economy. You will enjoy the Striper and the 20* dead rise on trips when there is some chop offshore. These type of boats are ideal for many folks.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: question without judgement Reply with quote

I am proud to say that I do not do facebook. Never have, never will. As stated, this is a GREAT site and done well. I am sure I could learn how to do the pics. The reason for the striper was speed and chop. I love my C Dory. I do not understand why my wife won't let me have two boats.

Richard
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site has so many great features; this great community, the searchability, the availability and it is just great but.... I recently had to up grade to a new Windows10 computer, and since then I have not been able to move photos from the albums to the threads.

I guess I have not tried to put any pix into my albums since so cannot comment on that, but then, I have always had a hard time doing that anyway.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

dotnmarty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey-try a different browser
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:

Thanks Marty. It is the right click menu in the W-10 that does not give the option to click on the "image address".

I am using "Chrome". If anyone is using Windows 10 and able to do that transfer, which broser are you using?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Micahbigsur@msn.com

City/Region: Big Sur
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Sierra
Photos: Sierra
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way this site works for the kind of hands on boaters that C-brats seem to be.
Out of pure laziness and convenience I use mostly my phone and it won't load pictures onto my posts. But adding a couple of new photos to my album seems easy enough so I just tell people in my post to check out my latest photo like I did in my Smartguge post and it will always be easy to find in the future. Inner album's seem easy enough so I can post separate travel photos for any particular trip.
This place just works!

1978 Folkes 38 SV Audacious (2006-2015)
Micah, KJ6GUF, Dana, KJ6GXG
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Harvey, I have the same setup, Windows 10 and Chrome . When you click on the picture in your album then click on "copy image address" you wont see the address. Then go to your message body and proceed as before, [img], then right click and you will see the list, click on "paste" and the address will appear, then [/img].

Last edited by dotnmarty on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pacificcoast101

City/Region: Torrance
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: No Pressure
Photos: No Pressure
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
dotnmarty wrote:

Thanks Marty. It is the right click menu in the W-10 that does not give the option to click on the "image address".

I am using "Chrome". If anyone is using Windows 10 and able to do that transfer, which broser are you using?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
I'm using Chrome with Windows 10. I have no problem with right-clicking a photo to get the address. Did you remember to put the address between the [img] brackets?
NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
dotnmarty wrote:

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Way back when, the Nerd Shack guys recommended installing and using Mozilla Firefox. As a complete novice, I followed that advice and have been happily and easily adding to my album and posting pictures ever since.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: