The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Any trips planned for the NW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson

City/Region: Roseburg
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Any trips planned for the NW? Reply with quote

We are on the verge of purchasing a 22 Cruiser but not ready to venture out on our own. Have viewed videos of running the Columbia and Snake Rivers and the NW Passage. Anyone making plans and wouldn't mind a tag-along?

We are new to the line of C-Dorys - had lots of boats over the years but mostly for fishing the rivers. Looking for new adventures.

Jim
SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be checking out a 22 cruiser Friday, and hopefully she is running as sound as she looks. I would love to run from the Dalles to Astoria some time with the family and will watch this thread closely! Upper Columbia and lake Chelan will be our stomping grounds when we find the right boat, and We will happily assist any adventurers coming this way with trailer shuttles, resupply, directions to the good bakery, whatever y’all need just ask!

Nigel
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, The Friday Harbor CBGT (C-Brat Get Together) will happen around the 16th of May, and there are C-BRATS from all over the country heading to San Juan Island around that time. Lots of chances to buddy boat there, both to and from. Quite often there will be groups splitting off from FH and going through the San Juans or Gulf Islands.

Also there are several who have already announced tentative plans for being up along Vancouver Island during the summer. The Broughtons are a popular destination in July and August. Keep an eye out for info on those islands. Trailering to Telegraph Cove and launching there is worth looking at. There is good parking and boat wash deck plus good opportunity to see whales and bears from there.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel, hope the boat is just what you are looking for. We are checking out a boat next week.

Harvey, thanks for all the info. Look forward to meeting you and others.

Jim
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is not official yet, by any means, but, I have talked with some folks who might be interested in a cruise type of CBGT. So.... I am thinking of putting something like that together for just prior to Friday Harbor CBGT. It might be for 3 or 4 days, leaving from Coronet Bay and finish it FH on Thursday. That would facilitate a good parking and launch spot for FHCBGT, getting together for on the water travel, and group trip to FH and maybe Sucia or Stuart or both.

This is not official, but if it sounds like something you might be interested in, you could indicate that. Might be helpful in planning, as to if I should get serious about it in more than an informal way.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely interested!
Thanks!
Jim
Knipet

City/Region: Orcas Island
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Pan-A-C'ya
Photos: Pan-A-C'ya
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
This one is not official yet, a cruise type of CBGT. It might be for 3 or 4 days, leaving from Coronet Bay and finish it FH on Thursday... getting together for on the water travel, and group trip to FH and maybe Sucia or Stuart or both.

This is not official, but if it sounds like something you might be interested in, you could indicate that. Might be helpful in planning, as to if I should get serious about it in more than an informal way.

SleepyC Moon

Keep the crew of C Sharp in mind for this too, that is, if Joanie & I are invited! Laughing
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, what a great idea. Time goes by so fast at the annual CBFHGT and it would be great to spend more time with fellow Brats for a few days before the event. We will launch out of Bellingham that week and so we would have to meet the group for the first night destination. Count us in on this idea though. Gary and Colleen.
Big dave

City/Region: Vancouver
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Raven Dancer
Photos: Raven Dancer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Harvey that sounds like something Ruth & I would be interested in doing as long as weather conditions allow.
Dave & Ruth
Raven Dancer
Gene Morris

City/Region: Eureka CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Reef Madness
Photos: Reefmadness
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reefmadness is planning to be at the FH gathering and then head up through the Gulf Islands and up to Desolation Sound for a little R & R before we head home for the fishing season. We will launch at Bellingham and park truck and trailer in Ferndale (a good secure private residence with lots of land) The owner of the property has expressed an interest of renting out spaces for C-Brats.
Let me know if you are interested.

Gene

DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene, we have the same plans after the FH gathering. What arrangements would we need to have to get to and from the Bellingham Launch with the truck and trailer? Please PM me the information on this and I can call the individual about storage. Thanks Gene.
Gary.
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Sharp wrote:
hardee wrote:
This one is not official yet, a cruise type of CBGT. It might be for 3 or 4 days, leaving from Coronet Bay and finish it FH on Thursday... getting together for on the water travel, and group trip to FH and maybe Sucia or Stuart or both.

SleepyC Moon

Keep the crew of C Sharp in mind for this too, that is, if Joanie & I are invited! Laughing

Steve, Of course, you and Joanie are invited. Might be a bit out of the way for you, but would enjoy having you two along.

OF NOTE: This is not official yet, but it looks like there is some interest already. It is open to any of the C-BRATS, If and when it happens it will be posted as a (Pre) gathering. I will do some research as to times, tides and spaces. And, of course, as with most boating related activities, it would be weather dependent.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: