The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Lake Powell fall 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always great to cruise Lake Powell had a good time. Get to spend the winter getting ready for Alaska very excited for that trip it has been a long time coming. Here's Reflection at the lower water levels. You can see if the water was maybe 20 feet lower than this it is an interesting spot. Working your way around the rocks. Just google images "reflection canyon lake powell" there are some great photographs out there.

Cview

City/Region: Phoenix
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-VIEW II
Photos: C-VIEW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We enjoyed our time at Lake Powell despite being holed up for 2 days in Oak Bay due to high winds. We enjoyed visiting with Jay (Hunky Dory) and Jody (Voyager). I've posted some pictures in our album

Tony & Diane
C-View II
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony & Diane,

I noticed the mice blockers in your photos. Thanks again for the traps of which, I caught 3 mice in the boat. I’ll be doing it your way in the future. Jody got mice aboard even with the plates. They must of come up the anchor chain. It was sure good seeing you two again & sharing good conversations.

Jay

Tony Ferris

City/Region: Mead, CO
State or Province: CO
Vessel Name: Endurance
Photos: Endurance
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Powell Reply with quote

Jay,

It was good to finally meet you. I finally got my C-Brats account all fixed yesterday, so am back after about a two year hiatus. Good to see Tony & Diane as well as Jody too.

Didn't even know you guys were going to be there, so it was good to stumble upon you all. Too bad I had to get my guest back home, but I was glad to get off the lake before the wind blew. Managed to get pulled out just as it started and by the time I got to Green River we could barely see across the street. How was it Saturday night and Sunday for all of you?

One of these days I'll get to Alaska, but I sure have a lot to do before that will ever happen.

Tony
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony good to see you on the lake maybe one day will get the timing right and be able to camp together. What do you need to do to get your boat ready for Alaska?
Hunkydory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

Good to see you got your account straightened out. Fantastic waterfall photos at Lake Powell in your album. Jody told me you also have taken many exceptional photos of the lake area while on the many lake cruises & walkabouts you’ve done over the years. It was very enjoyable talking to you about your past experiences on the lake & future plans. Also always good to see another C-Dory set up for extended cruising in remote areas. It was good you got off the lake when you did. We were all well protected & didn’t suffer any damages, but the wind did blow & much sand in the air for the longest high wind period I’ve seen yet on the lake.

I wished I would have got some photos of the Endurance & you guys, while you were there with us to post.

Keep those Alaska dreams alive.

Jay
Hunkydory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony

I tried using PM back to you to answer your questions. It appears the message is not being sent, so I will post my answer here & hope you see it.

This is the one both Jody & I had at Powell. Looks like a pretty good sale for it is on. I also have the 12 foot model that takes a maximum 2.5 hp. I have a 2.5 hp Suzuki for it & Jody & I both have the 6 hp Suzuki for the SK385XL. It can take up to 10 hp, but the 6 hp Suzuki at 52 lbs is I think the best choice. JODY does use it as a combination kicker on the C-Dory & motor for the Kaboat.

https://www.boatstogo.com/kayaks-sk385xl.asp

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: