The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2007 Skagit Orca Replace Starboard Nav Light - Wiring Access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viers442

City/Region: Hermosa Beach
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Willy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: 2007 Skagit Orca Replace Starboard Nav Light - Wiring Access Reply with quote

So glad to have found this group. I'm new to boating and new to C-Dory's. Hoping the collective wisdom here can guide me home.

The starboard navigation light on my 2007 Skagit Orca (24' SC) went out. Upon inspection I found the bulb was badly corroded and stuck inside the socket, also found that both wires leading to the socket were badly corroded and had disconnected.

I was able to find the exact light housing assembly at West Marine and set to removing the faulty housing last night. Simple enough the housing is just a stick on two side foam application. But, I ran into issues with the wiring. The connection of the housing to the boats wiring is inside the body of the boat and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to access these wires so I.can make a new/proper connection.

Does anyone have experience replacing a nav light on a Skagit Orca? Or just general guidance on where these wires might be?

I'm thinking that they are in the cluster of wires behind the steering panel. But, that is an intimidating bundle and I do not want to be wrong on a hunch.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Ryan

2007 Skagit Orca SC 24'
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would follow wires from the dash switch and use new wires
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: