The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Added a 2nd station today! 22 angler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakevolvo@yahoo.com

City/Region: Orting
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Told Ya So
Photos: C-Told Ya So
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Added a 2nd station today! 22 angler Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on a 2nd station on a 22 angler? I fish alone sometimes and I figured this would be handy when I get fish on. Still have to bleed the hydraulics. I use a trollmaster electric throttle for the kicker I just bring it to the cockpit with me. Any ideas on a simple single lever shifter for a Honda 8hp?

I built the console out of a chunk of 3/4 king starboard had laying around.

Total project cost me about $330 with parts I've been collecting the last few months including the $120 steering wheel 😬. Scored the hydro helm on Ebay brand new for $130

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Told-Ya-So&id=20190721_180045&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
Desert Dory

City/Region: Tucson
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Desert Dory
Photos: Desert Dory
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy mackerel!! Nice work!

That should work great since you fish alone a lot. Probably a bit safer too since you won't have to race out of the cabin to attend to business.

Thumbs Up
jakevolvo@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Told-Ya-So&id=20190721_203403&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

One more photo
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
" ...I fish alone sometimes and I figured this would be handy when I get fish on...."

If you are fishing alone, You might want to take a look at the Fell Marine MOB device, and electronic engine kill switch, that does not rely on the little red coiled thing from the throttle control. Gives you move around on the boat freedom and still works to kill the engine(s) if you happen to go overboard.

(I just put mine in this spring and am totally happy with it and how it works.)

Here is the link:
https://www.fellmarine.com/

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

jakevolvo@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Quote:
" ...I fish alone sometimes and I figured this would be handy when I get fish on...."

If you are fishing alone, You might want to take a look at the Fell Marine MOB device, and electronic engine kill switch, that does not rely on the little red coiled thing from the throttle control. Gives you move around on the boat freedom and still works to kill the engine(s) if you happen to go overboard.

Here is the link:

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Wow that's pretty awesome and only $200 cant beat that, I think I'll order one. Thanks!
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job Jake. You're a real DIY guy. Can you transfer your skills to me?! Lol

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakevolvo@yahoo.com wrote:
hardee wrote:
Quote:

Here is the link:

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Wow that's pretty awesome and only $200 cant beat that, I think I'll order one. Thanks!

Your life is certainly worth $200. Be sure you set it up to kill both the main and kicker (because I assume you will be in the cockpit much of the time.)

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Added a 2nd station today! 22 angler Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on a 2nd station on a 22 angler? I fish alone sometimes and I figured this would be handy when I get fish on. Still have to bleed the hydraulics. I use a trollmaster electric throttle for the kicker I just bring it to the cockpit with me. Any ideas on a simple single lever shifter for a Honda 8hp?

Total project cost me about $330 with parts I've been collecting the last few months including the $120 steering wheel 😬. Scored the hydro helm on Ebay brand new for $130

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Told-Ya-So&id=20190721_180045&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Nice job! Wish I was that handy, a basic solar hookup is the only thing I have done so far this year.
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Added a 2nd station today! 22 angler Reply with quote

How is it running? Any luck getting the shifter sorted out for the honda?
jakevolvo@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Added a 2nd station today! 22 angler Reply with quote

kaelc wrote:

How is it running? Any luck getting the shifter sorted out for the honda?

Works great, a lot less running back and forth hitting my head on the razor sharp door frame. I haven't hooked up a shifter I've kinda realized I dont need one I just shift it at the motor. When docking I drive from inside the boat on the main anyway. Its not in the way at all either, definitely one of my favorite upgrades next to my wallas stove and brand new Honda 90 Smile
jakevolvo@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also built a nice fillet/rigging table out of the same starboard. It folds over to access batteries and didnt have to drill any holes in the fiberglass. Love this starboard

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Told-Ya-So&id=20190809_181759&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Told-Ya-So&id=20190809_181814&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. Love to read about all the great ideas. Your workmanship looks superb.

I have a FELL device on my boat too. Works exactly as the expected. I fish the great lakes a lot for salmonids by myself. I know that if anything happens 10 miles out, the FELL will shut the motor done and can get back in.

I especially love the fact that I can shut the motor down by simply pressing the FELL. If I walk away from the boat to get my pickup, the device will shut off the outboard and it can't be started again unless I re-connect the FELL with the motor.

Tight lines and safe returns to port.

CD 22 Cruiser "FRESH FISH: 2018 to present.
CD 16 Angler "OPA": 2013 to 2019.
dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: click on my boat name and you'll see photos of the FELL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: