The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Warranty replacement with cabin water pump.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Warranty replacement with cabin water pump. Reply with quote

After just 18 months of use, the factory installed Marine Johnson Pump (SPXFLOW) went bad on the pressurized freshwater system for the cabin sink. The problem started when the pump made a thump-thump-thump sound all the time even when the faucet was off. At first, I suspected that there was an air leak or loose fitting in the water line between the water tank and pump. I inspected the line and all of the fittings and found no leaks. I replaced the pump with a standard RV pump that I had on-hand and the thumping discontinued. This RV pump was very noisy and not a long-term solution. Knowing that the problem was with the pump, I contacted the manufacturer, who sent me a new pump once I provided sufficient documentation.

I installed the pump today and it works perfectly. My thanks to Johnson/Aqua Jet for a quiet, quality pump and for backing up their product. Gary.
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: cd-23 Reply with quote

We have a 2006 CC-23 Venture( boat was built late 2005) and we are on our 3rd pump they just don't last that long about 5yrs each . I just look at it as maintenance . I will be replacing my windlass also this month going to Simpson 700 vertical instead of the Sprint 400 . This boat suits us fine I would'nt mind moving up to the cd 25/26 but we just put in RV AC and and new windlass so we will be keeping her another few years anyway Jim
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: