The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - C-Dory Angler 19' 2009 for sale

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripromex

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Bonnie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: SOLD - C-Dory Angler 19' 2009 for sale Reply with quote

4 Stroke Suzuki 90 HP (500 hours) Magic tilt trailer, Lewmar Windlass, pocket launcher rod holder, mounted headlight, Garmin GPS, Furuno Fish Finder, 2 batteries, radio.

$10,000 or best offer

Great boat! Deceased 2nd owner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I immediately called the owner of this boat. Situation is that they had purchased the boat--and her husband became ill and passed on about 2 years ago.

The deal sounds legit. She thought that the boat cost in the $44,000 range when new, because of extras.

An message and e-mail to me, and I'll relate the rest of the story. I would be willing to look at the boat for anyone who is interested in purchase.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
nordicstallion

City/Region: Crescent City
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Rylee Rose
Photos: Rylee Rose
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10,000..? Looks like bargain basement to me!!!
thataway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely the bargain of the year--maybe the decade. Without seeing the boat--I cannot have an idea of condition. The drive there is about an hour and a half--about 90 miles from Pensacola where live.--and If I was interested in making a few bucks, I would buy the boat, clean it up and flip it. Too old for that sort of stuff.

We know that it has not been run in at least 2 years. But that alone is not an issue. Have started Suzuki engines like this one after not having been run for 3 years--and just putting in fresh gas. Worse case--perhaps injector/pump if it does not run well. New tires on the trailer. Probably some clean up in general.
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marie, Miss Angel and I went on a "Road Trip" Several potential buyers asked us to look at the boat. "Bobbie" the owner is a delightful lady. Her husband passed on about 2 years ago. She just now has committed to selling the boat.

Over all the boat is not in. bad shape. The HIN shows it to be a boat laid up in January 2008, and is labeled as a 2008 boat. She has been cleaned recently. There are the usual fender rash. and a few compression stress cracks, perhaps a hard landing. One area the sub rail is slightly bent.

I sounded out the transom--as well as moisture meter. There is an area of high moisture reading just below and around the cockpit drain--not unusual. The area percusses normally, and the transom is stiff with no sign of delimitation. The bottom also percusses normally--a few interior higher than normal moisture readings--but I attribute that to recent heavy rains, and wash down. No obvious breech of cockpit floor integrity. The tank cleats are properly glassed into the floor--the port tank, is slightly displace toward the center. Bilge pump, bait and wash down pumps need attention.

There is a very nice Furuno FCV 858 bottom machine--dated and not tested. But still a good fish finder. The Chart plotter is a Garmin 440 (4"). There is a VHF.
There is a trolling motor mounted on the foredeck, with wireless remote control. No batteries for trolling motor. Wiring looks undersized. There is a Lewmar Windlass, chain, Danforth standard anchor, and rode.

Steering is Non Feed back cable. Sunbrella on the two cabin seats is in usable and fair condition., The aft cabin curtain, is usable for a pattern, or potential total rebuild.

There are two group 24 batteries--which both register in the 5.5 volt range--they are shot. There is a 1/2/all/ off switch. I found one cable totally corroded thru. Unfortunately, this was the main cable to the engine. (Suzuki 90) I didn't Bring heavy swaging crimpers or terminal fittings. I tried to peel back the insulation, and get enough copper on the jumper cables, plus with the cable to the rest of the electronics. However, even though my volt meter was registering 14.5 volts at the jumpers (my truck engine at a high idle)--there was not enough current which made it thru the corroded cable to kick the engine over fast enough to start it. The good news is that the engine did turn over, and seems to have adequate compression. The EFI pump runs. My best guess is that the engine is fine, but without running that remains an unknown. The Gas is at least 2 years old. It should be pumped out--and fresh fuel put in place to start the engine. The engine primary positive cable needs replacement--or at least more peeling and scraping, plus a good end fitting. The negative cable appeared OK--and was directly on the battery post which was free of corrosion.

Engine is a 2009 Suzuki There are a few scratches on the outside. There is wear open the skeg, with no paint. The SS prop is in; good condition. Shifter and throttle cables are free and appear to function normally. There was not enough current to run the engine tilt and trim. Bennett trim tabs with position indicator worked. The Tach suggested that the engine had high 400 hours on it. (no hour meter--and where the tach goes on first start up gives an indication). There was no internal corrosion. inside of the cowl and on the surface of the engine.

The first 8 years of its life the boat was run out of St. George Island. (Salt Water), but kept inside of a structure when not used. No bottom paint, and the bottom is in good condition. Bottom sounded well--and no serious moisture issues noted.

The trailer....is listed as a Magic Tilt. The serial number in the paperwork is also consistent with Magic Tilt. The last registration was in 2017. Bobbie does not have any registration material on the trailer, and I could not find a VIN on the trailer. But there is dealer paperwork showing the Magic Tilt VIN.

Tires are dated 36th week 2007--they look great, but 12 years old! I would not count on them to take the boat any distance. Who buys the boat needs to look carefully at the trailer. The bunks are not those usually used with a C Dory.

The hull and interior fiberglass are good. There is some cracking of the tabbing fo the seat boxes to the inner hull--cosmetic. The center window opens. Windlass looks good. (but not tested).

I am not sure who is next in line to buy the boat, but it needs to be someone who understands the issues with an older trailer--tires need replacing. The boat needs to be properly supported--and tied down. You need at least a 1/2 TON truck--and it should be able to pull the boat up a gravel grade to the gravel road.

I will put photos in my album.

Happy to answer any questions in PM or e-mail phone.
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos are in the album now:
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought rubbing compound and polishing compound. A few minutes of compound and polish, the gel coat was looking good in the small area I did by hand. The whole boat will look like new with a a few hours work--with a good orbital polisher. There is the one gel coat place to repair. Repaint the cockpit floor, and new cable for the motor. Maybe a new switch......etc. Great fishing boat.
thataway

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 19 was picked up by her new owner (A C Brat)--he will tell his story shortly-- last week. I am still getting messages and calls wanting to know if the boat was sold.

She has a wonderful home. Still in the C brat family!
Wood Zeppelin

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Creature
Photos: Childhood Dream
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: I would have, and “the story” Reply with quote

I would have probably bought this if I’d seen it in time...

AC Brat, tell us the story!? Was it worth it!?

Current boats:

1997 22' Angler - "C-Creature"
1988 16' Angler - "E-fishn-C" (Project boat)
1997 16' Cruiser - "Wet-a-Net"

Also:
14.5' Drift Boat - "Wood Zeppelin"
ripromex

City/Region: Panhandle
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Bonnie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: C-Dory Angler 19' 2009 has SOLD!!!!!! Reply with quote

To all you C-Brat guys and gals:

I'm late, late, late in commenting on how wonderful and helpful and successful it's been to come to your site in the hopes of selling my 19' C-Dory Angler "Bonnie."

Not only did she sell very quickly but I talked to and met so many nice people along the way--especially "thataway and his wife"--who were the best of the best--they looked her over, evaluated her, and helped send her off to adventure.

I also think Bonnie has found a new and exciting life with a delightful new owner who will let her do what she was built to do -- catch FISH!

Thanks to all of you. Without your help, comments, suggestions, etc., etc., my C-Dory would be just like Edgar Allen Poe's Raven -- 'And, the C-Dory never flitting, still would be sitting, still would be sitting...just outside my entry door.'

Bless all of you guys and gals!!!!!

Bobbi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: