Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roboyd

City/Region: Lagrange
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 1992
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: adore
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Cdory decals Reply with quote

Good news! The folks in WA are sending me official decals.
Another_cdory

City/Region: Spokane Valley
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Whoa Nelly!
Photos: Whoa Nelly!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mea culpa. I joined c-brats 2017, not 2016. Time got away from me.
Thank you for the welcome! We hope we other c-brats in the future.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Woodwards, Welcome to the site. C-BRATS is a great place with nice friendly, helpful folks and everything you could want to know about C-Dorys. Welcome and come on over. We have a great time and lots of fun. There is a CBGT (C-Brat Get together) coming up at Friday Harbor, May 17. see the thread here.
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=27105

Stay safe and enjoy your boat.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Another_cdory

City/Region: Spokane Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Whoa Nelly!
Photos: Whoa Nelly!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harvey, we will check the dates.
CastawayII

City/Region: Vancouver Island
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered as "Castaway" in 2009. Got punted off the forum about a year ago, or so I gather, due to inactivity.

Not a C-Dory owner, but admirer. As well, this site contains a wealth of boating info that one does not have to be a C-Dory owner to appreciate. Moreover, this is one of the friendliest sites I have ever encountered. Very civilized group. Never any sniping, ill temper or ill humor, no personal attacks. A breath of fresh air.
roboyd

City/Region: Lagrange
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 1992
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: adore
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, just bought a 1992 model 16' angler and restoring it. "97 model Evinrude 2-cycle 50hp fires right up every time. Just put on new decals that really look sharp. Replacing "92 model Humminbird this week. Need to replace one of the manual windshield wipers, does anyone know where to find a handle for one of these? I have one question if anyone can answer.
On top of each side gunwale, I have a bait cutting board attached to the boat. I get what these are for. But I also have one attached to the the flat part of the platform between the cockpit and transom. it is attached flat 1/2 way between the motor and the far back left corner of the boat.
vernb

City/Region: Newport, Central Oregon Coast
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: I'm a little lost on the site.......... can someone help? Reply with quote

Day Dreamer here.
While I've owned my 22' Cruiser for almost 4 years I've not participated in the C-Brats site very much.
Now, medical issues suggest I step back and let someone else enjoy this great boat.
I'm trying to list it, for sale, for another C-Dory wannabe, but I can't figure out how to place my listing.

Can someone steer me to the correct heading ?

Day Dreamer aka VernB
Newport Oregon
vern@vernbartley.com
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm a little lost on the site.......... can someone help Reply with quote

vernb wrote:
Day Dreamer here.
While I've owned my 22' Cruiser for almost 4 years I've not participated in the C-Brats site very much.
Now, medical issues suggest I step back and let someone else enjoy this great boat.
I'm trying to list it, for sale, for another C-Dory wannabe, but I can't figure out how to place my listing.

Can someone steer me to the correct heading ?

Day Dreamer aka VernB
Newport Oregon
vern@vernbartley.com

Go to top of page. Click on "Forums". Scroll down the page, to almost the bottom. Click on "C Dory for sale by owner"--make your posts along with your photos. Be sure and list all of the gear, the number of hours on engine, and any special features the boat has.
Good luck with the sale.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Been lurking awhile. Better say hello. Reply with quote

Good Morning from the Methow corner of Washington state! Just signed up to the forum as I’ve been lurking for awhile now and wanted to say thank you for the fantastic place to learn about c dory boats. The family pot has just about reached the size it needs to be before we can take a leap into boat ownership. I’ve very minimal experience with anything beyond small fishing outboards, livingstons, and the usual pacific northwest canoe and kayak exposure. We are a family of four (two small children) who homeschools. One of the primary reasons for homeschooling our children is to keep them adventuring and learning practical self reliance as a way of life, my kids at 5 and 7 have backpacked into tougher wilderness than most adults ever see and I would like to take our show up to Stehekin (our backyard), puget sound, the columbia, and eventually up the inside passage to SE alaska. I’ve learned a bit about diesels from troubleshooting tractor motors and large work trucks, so initially started looking at small trawler type boats. Then I discovered these practical looking towable thingies you call a c dory. The 22 cruiser with a camper back looks like a perfect fit for a family who is used to tight quarters and wants a safe and (relatively ) affordable shot at learning to handle themselves on the water. As a boy my grandfather tossed fishing poles in a 10ft livingston with an outboard, pushed it into pickering passage and sent us off with the warning “dont use all the gas, dont go across the big boats, and come back before dinner”. Thats the day i learned to use an outboard and I think I’ve been chasing that sensation for a long time in my adventures on land. Thanks to you c brats my adventures on the water I think won’t be so halfhazard in the next chapter!

SnowTexan,
Carlton WA
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, A number of the members have run with two children (and dogs) on the 22. I grew up sleeping in the cockpit of a sailboat, while my parents were a bit more comfy below on the pipe berths...Best thing in the world for the kids--and congratulations on putting the "real education" of the kids first. We cruised along side many full time world wide cruisers--and their kids were always successful in life. Yours will learn many lessons the "schooled" kids may never learn.
SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words and support! I hope you are right, but we’ll
Check back in 20 years and see how the kids turn out. Plan as we may, it seems like every day we’re winging it! Do any Northwest c brats ever make it over to Lake Chelan? Maybe thats a separate post. We
See plenty of hewescrafts, alumawelds, and other aluminum fishing boats out this way near Pateros along the Columbia and of course bowriders and ski boats on chelan. Have never seen a C-dory trucking up to Stehekin or plugging for salmon here. Plenty out of everett and the san juans of course, but it looks like a fun boat for shoulder seasons on the big lakes and wider stretches of rivers.
Howtam

City/Region: Clarkston
Vessel Name: Rising Sun
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, We have been following the C-Brats forum for a while now, and have finally bought our CDory. We are looking forward to learning the cruising lifestyle. Hope to see you on the water.
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Howtam on the purchase of your 22 Cruiser. Keep your eyes open in the future for a post of the annual Friday Harbor C-Brats Get-Together which should happen around the middle of May, 2020. There is always about 35 boats at the event. You will meet a lot of nice C-Brats people there and also see a lot of nice, well loved and cared for C-Dory boats on G and H dock. Hope you can make it.
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howtam wrote:
Hi All, We have been following the C-Brats forum for a while now, and have finally bought our CDory. We are looking forward to learning the cruising lifestyle. Hope to see you on the water.

Welcome aboard. You live in C Dory country!

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howtam wrote:

Greetings Howtam, and Welcome. Congrats on your new C-Dory, and hope to see you on the water as well.

The Info on the Friday Harbor is good and you should put it into your plans. There are often a group of C-Dorys meeting and launching from Coronet Bay/Deception Pass State Park. This year I think there will be a (somewhat) organized multi day trip starting there and stopping at some of the state park island parks and aiming for Friday Harbor CBGT* on Thursday (that would probably be May 14, 2020), but the official announcement won't be made until after the official confirmation of the date from Friday Harbor Marina. Keep watch and plan on spending the few days before with us in the islands.

* CBGT = C Brat Get Together

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21

Jump to: