The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/17 - 05/19 - Friday Hbr CBGT, 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the meetup. We pulled into Roch Harbor Saturday for our first overnight of the year. We immediately had a few problems, with the only done at the dock fix was two blown battery charger fuses.

Spent a lot of time looking for the water pressure pump fuse on our 25 cruiser with no-luck.

We enjoyed the pool and hiding among the monster yachts. Looking forward to more San Juan adventures now that we have our cruising license.

Spotted Harvey and the crew fueling up and ran over to say hello! Make sure to look me up when visiting Victoria![/img]
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the potluck Saturday night, Will Geise, our website computer guru, gave the abbreviated version of the name "C-Brats." A few years ago, after consulting with Tyboo Mike, the other C-Brat founder, I wrote up a more detailed version of the name "C-Brats. You can read it here. This should be very interesting to our more recent members!

Interestingly, Dale "FishWisher," the Grand Poobah of C-DOGS, left a long comment with his side of the story, but ended on a positive note, with this comment:

The site that now proudly proclaims "no rules" is as well organized as the original site ever was. The format began very much the same way as the original site. So now those whose true agenda was to have their own site now have one. More power to them, and congratulations to them for what really does seem to be a very good site.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheeuu, Home Alone, (There is a movie about that too), and the boat is cleaned, hooked to the BatteryMinders and dehumidifiers, and the first load of laundry is done. I know, this is a bit late but we spent a couple of days wandering the islands after the official FHCBGT.

So here are some of the numbers:
Thursday night we needed 10 boats to get our group rate. We had 22. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Friday we had 14 boats get Vessel Safety Inspections thanks to the volunteers from Coat Guard Auxiliary and Power Squadron.
There were several restaurant gatherings, and a bunch of good visits.
Saturday I believe there were 4 more boat inspections.
The 0700 breakfast went off without a hitch even without tables and the float.
There were 4 more Vessel Safety Inspections
1700 there was a spectacular potluck on the new FH Party float
and some give-aways by the NMI reps, Ryan and Wendy.
AND, for the first time, Northwest Maritime Industry provided the funds for our Party Float, which was new at the Port of Friday Harbor, only 3 weeks before.
Sunday the C-Dorys (and a few other types) headed out for scattered parts across the country. We had representation there from Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Arizona and (I think) California in the persons of Friday Harbor CBGT instigators Barry and Patty (X - C-Cakes), and from our Canada neighbours in BC.

Sorry to those who tried and had travel issues, mechanical or other things. Hope we see you around on the water and especially next year. All the best.

It was a really great time, and thank you to all who stepped in and helped in so many ways. You all made it a great weekend.

Thanks to all who came, you made it great.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limpt- what type of birds
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking forward to more San Juan adventures now that we have our cruising license
A WHAT???
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
Limpt- what type of birds

Chestnut-backed Chickadees.
https://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/chestnut-backed-chickadee

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, very cool. We have a lot of them here at the house and a lot of the black capped . I have not found any nest. I do help build wood duck boxes for my club and give those to people that can use them. You do need a pond or other water source for them to work.
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig and I, Charlie Tess and Molly ( the dogs) made it safely home late Monday night. The 12 hour drive does not ever get better but it is so worth it. Many thanks to Harvey and all the others that make this happen. It was great to meet some new friends and also connect with old friends too. Craig is coming back the week of 5/28 with the guys for another week. We will also be back sometime in September for another week of fun . Thanks again and see you all next year!

Lovin' Our C Dory!
cgypsy

City/Region: Vancouver Island
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C Gypsy
Photos: C Gypsy
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Looking forward to more San Juan adventures now that we have our cruising license

A WHAT???

Although Canada welcomes US boaters, Canadians cruising into the US must buy a "cruising licence" for $19 USD. The licence lasts for one year.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, as I go back and reread your history on the C-Brat name and site, I find it interesting that the rabble rouser on C-Dogs, finally overstepped his bounds here on this site as well, and I believe was put in a restricted read only mode. It is hard to keep a site fairly well mannered, but folks here have done a fairly good job in doing so. And we all have a place to find so much information and help with our boats! Colby
Tippy Canoe

City/Region: Central
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for yet another fun time with the C-Brat family. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones, too. Harvey - you forgot Oregon - there were several boats attending from our state. Traveling without our boat, we stayed on and just left Friday Harbor today. We are now looking out from our hotel over the bay in Bellingham, enjoying the last great weather day before heading for home. So hard to leave beautiful San Juan Island!
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cgypsy"]
Quote:

Although Canada welcomes US boaters, Canadians cruising into the US must buy a "cruising licence" for $19 USD. The licence lasts for one year.

If you go back to the US before it expires, but the following year, and your boat is made in the US, customs will apparently renew it for free?

One more reason to make the gathering next year and to show up early!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My. I can't believe I did that. My most sincere apologies. I have lived in Oregon for half my life. (Maybe it felt like I was still there Embarassed

so......

and Oregon folks. That makes 7 states counting Washington too.

Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for coming. It was great to get to meet you two. (And if you are looking for a 22, I think I found one -- with twins. Cool

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure was a big bunch o' fun with all you C-Folks last weekend, and I want to thank everyone for coming. Gosh, we had Brats from four or five states, and British Columbia. I really enjoyed seeing longtime pals again and making fast friends with new people and learning about their boats. We all love our C-Dorys! I was out through Tuesday, including Monday's 17 hour drencher.

Thank you, Harvey, for moderating our Saturday potluck--and to all for bringing yummy stuff to eat--and to Pat for wearing the proper attitude and donning necessary garb for christenings. I'm also gratified to still have Trawler People Will, Robbin, and Fred continue to rendezvous with us. My feeling is it's the people and the friendships that trump boat brand, as vessels may come and go, but the depth of relationships remain. Which reminds me, wonderful to see you two again, Barry and Patty.

Robbi, I only got to talk with you for a Seattle minute, but I hope you and your sister had fun camping and that we see you again in C-Run running about. Hunky Dory Jay, you're amazing. You had me dazzled on Thursday with tales of exploration in Southeastern, and the A, B, C islands. The fact you live in Wyoming and have done that trip six times made me feel a bit landlubberish. Then Saturday comes and it's time for a little cruise about. Yeah, a Ranger Tug in distress just needs a 20 mile tow across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to Sequim--in 13 knot winds and a flood tide. Just another day on the water for Jay. A Jay Day. I hope we see you, and everyone else again at some future date.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock, my tour of your boat resulted in my removing my dead electric wipers yesterday and installing brand new manual wipers just like yours today!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: