HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Back In NW Puget Sound Area... Planting Potatoes and selling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Back In NW Puget Sound Area... Planting Potatoes and selling Reply with quote

Catching up a bit from cross country trip and attempting to get use to climbing into and out of the field trucks. Roger SENSEI called me on my drive out stating that someone was looking for a trailer to haul a CD22. I have a single axle roller trailer in very nice shape. I bought a new twin axle trailer to haul the CD22 Angler I purchased used just prior to driving cross country and back. I simply like two axles on long hauls which I do twice a year often traveling alone. Ill find pics/specs and post once I relearn how to add pics to my photo book and insert them into a for sale blog. This will be a good training exercise for me as next I plan to sell the last 18' Angler that the Toland family built and I took apart and refinished. This boat is C-Byrd in my photo book called FreeByrd on here and there may even be a C-Byrd sub-folder. So....off to class folks and great to be back!
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to put in the "potato content" in your post. That's what attracted me to read the post.

Last week I got an email from somebody who has some Ozette potato seed. I've been looking for some ever since I heard about them when boating on Lake Ozette. A Makah coastal trade item. Seldom talked about and ever rarer to find.

I'm planning a 6 hour road trip to pick up a couple of potatoes. Retirement has been interesting.

https://www.localharvest.org/ark/makah-ozette-potato-2

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, Good to hear you are back out west and glad you made it safe. Sorry to not get to cross wakes on the Delta Cruise, but we will get to share some time along the way.

Yes, and more about . . . . . p o t a t o e s Cool

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark: We plant about 2-3 variety of reds, some whites and some and maybe some purples. I have no idea which seed potatoes are arriving, but I can check. That strain does not sound familiar but ill ask and ask around if we do not have it here.

Harvey: yes I was so looking forward to it and maybe later in the summer we can make a run....as there are a few places I want to see on my own hull. Worst case, I may take a different route back out next spring via CA..

Thanks to all
Randall

City/Region: Salish Sea
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Moonshine
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Flamingo wrote:
You forgot to put in the "potato content" in your post. That's what attracted me to read the post.

Last week I got an email from somebody who has some Ozette potato seed. I've been looking for some ever since I heard about them when boating on Lake Ozette. A Makah coastal trade item. Seldom talked about and ever rarer to find.

I'm planning a 6 hour road trip to pick up a couple of potatoes. Retirement has been interesting.

Mark

Lazy J Tree Farm, in Port Angeles, has Ozzette potatoes in their farm store (and, I suspect seed potatoes, as well).

Randall
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo and there are your variety! Thanks as I don’t think Morrison’s have that variety to grow this season.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
Marco Flamingo wrote:

Mark

Lazy J Tree Farm, in Port Angeles, has Ozzette potatoes in their farm store (and, I suspect seed potatoes, as well).

Randall

That's only a 2 hour road trip. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: