The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2006 cruises
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the initiative on the Bellingham gig, Ruth and Joe. I like that site better than Blaine because it's more protected, I think. But I'm not real familiar with Blaine.

Ruth, maybe breakfast in Old Town, or bus to Fairhaven? Pat's day cruise ideas sound perfect. And maybe Chuckanut Bay.
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe & Ruth,
Bellingham in July sounds fun! Caryn and I are working on our calendar right now and if we can swing it, we'll be there!

Sark & Roger,
I would sure love to meet up with you guys in Neah Bay this summer for some salmon fishing. Keep us posted. As above, we'll see how everything fits in the calendar.

Peter & Caryn Thumbs Up
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are on board for Bellingham. Blaine is equally well protected, off Drayton Harbor with a large breakwater, and is likely to have more parking available. Bellingham has more amenities (restaurant and hotel especially), which in my mind, tips it toward Bellingham. Of course the Harbor Cafe in Blaine is great but a little small. But the guest dock at Blaine is great too - it is kind of a well kept secret...I am thinking we will launch and park in Blaine and motor down to B'ham.

Catman wrote:
Thanks for taking the initiative on the Bellingham gig, Ruth and Joe. I like that site better than Blaine because it's more protected, I think. But I'm not real familiar with Blaine.

Ruth, maybe breakfast in Old Town, or bus to Fairhaven? Pat's day cruise ideas sound perfect. And maybe Chuckanut Bay.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - who is taking the lead on arrangements for Lopez?
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2006 cruises Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
[size=18][color=darkred]
I assume somebody has or shortly will be in touch with Lopez for the May deal. Who has done that in the past?

As soon as I received my 2006 work schedule in December, I checked the opening weekend of boating season (the traditional time of the Lopez Gathering) and saw that my work schedule conflicts with that weekend. So, again some will else will need to take the helm on this one.

(I will however, work on a gathering for the Everett Marina and the usage of their "party barge" for a BBQ).

C-Brat #16
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Bellingham in July? Reply with quote

Checked with the B'Ham Port office at 8AM this morning. Harbormaster is now gone till Sunday. Apparently he's the only one that does the scheduling. So I will check with him then to confirm that we have those dates secured (July 14-16).

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Ruth Very Happy Jeff and I have wanted to gander north to check out your world Wink July works for us and we look forward to that. Thanks for your hard work!!!

Jeff Beer and Diane Rose
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bellingham in July? Reply with quote

R-Matey wrote:
Checked with the B'Ham Port office at 8AM this morning. Harbormaster is now gone till Sunday. Apparently he's the only one that does the scheduling. So I will check with him then to confirm that we have those dates secured (July 14-16).

Thanks again, you wonderful people! When you do find out for sure it's a go, post the good news in a new thread and we'll set up the works for it.

Same goes for the other big events wherever in the world they take place. As soon as the dates and docks are somewhat certain, turn it loose on its own and we'll make you famous. Just look what happend to Terraplane/Sally's Sister Tom. He used to be a reclusive, bashful, starving musician and now he is playing gigs coast to coast! He might not be the American Idol, but he is surely one of mine!

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bellingham in July? Reply with quote

Actually Mike, Tom is an INTERNATIONAL Idol! Ireland every year and off now to (Hungary? Romania? I forgot exactly where...) And by me, traditional beats pop hands own every time! Tom's music is timeless, and when I hear him sing about the Eastern Shore, Chester River, Chesapeake watermen, workboats going to their final rest, decoy duck carvers and all the rest, I mist up thinking about our own precious memories of the Eastern Shore and Lankford Marina,Terraplane Tom, Tom, Kathy and Claire Callahan and the Callavan and the Potomac and Belle Haven, Charlie, Terry cooking the redhots and whitehots, George and Penny and the blue crabs, St. Michaels, Dun and Becky on Cresent Girl, thunderstorms anchored up with Wanderer, Cresent Girl and Halcyon, and all the other great folk we met there...

TyBoo wrote:
[ Just look what happend to Terraplane/Sally's Sister Tom. He used to be a reclusive, bashful, starving musician and now he is playing gigs coast to coast! He might not be the American Idol, but he is surely one of mine!
Bess-C

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Bess-C
Photos: Bess-C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still planning on heading for the Broughtons the first two weeks of September. It is a little further afield, but an incredible cruising area. We went there before meeting up with the group in Desolation Sound last year. It fit us better than Desolation Sound for several reasons. It is a larger area than the San Juans or Desolation Sound and we like to explore. The scenery is spectacular. There are fewer people (we saw fewer than 20 boats in a week). The fishing and shrimping is better. The locals are friendly and self reliant.

The marinas are more rustic, but for us that's part of the fun. Two or three of the marinas have fuel and shorepower. Supplies are limited because it's the end of the season, so you have to be pretty self contained, or you have to go back to Port McNeil for supplies. One of the marinas we visited was Shawl Bay, where Lorne & Shaun Brown run the friendliest marina I've ever visited, and they also have a C-Dory.

Beautiful country that's a little further out on the edge, but still has some cruising amenities like marinas. The San Juan's probably were like this area in the 1940's and 50's. At the boat show gathering last Friday I had discussions with several people who may be in the area during the time we're planning. Nancy H, Anita Marie, CAVU and C-Dancer have expressed an interest. Even El and Bill might be coming back through the area at that time of year.

If anyone else is interested, let us know. We have quite a bit of info on this area now, and Larry and Nancy from Nancy H know it very well.
Lyle

17 Center Console C-Dory 10/16
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the old Dusterman knows the area too -- but it won't be long before it is another Dessy Sound. Go while you can. I love the area and the friendliest people anywhere.

Dusty

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Pat.....they all said you slept thru that gathering last year.... Sounds as if you had a blast to me and just got up for the fun stuff!!!

Thanks for bringing your brews. I loved the Train.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: